Notices

Well, my brakes work.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 10:26 AM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 210 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Well, my brakes work.

My boys were in the back seat too. Why have blind spot warnings if you won't listen to them?
Old 07-16-2020, 03:32 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

I had this happen and she drove right into the side of my truck.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:49 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Where is the follow up where you go after it and pull them out of the truck?
Old 07-16-2020, 06:19 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

yeah lots of Morons on the road. I had the same thing happen recently, and when I honked the horn she looked at me like I was the one crossing the lane dangerously
curious' why didn't you use your horn? maybe she would have stayed in her lane. glad you, your kids and the 911 are safe
The following users liked this post:
paddlefoot64 (07-16-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 07:48 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Turbodan
yeah lots of Morons on the road. I had the same thing happen recently, and when I honked the horn she looked at me like I was the one crossing the lane dangerously
curious' why didn't you use your horn? maybe she would have stayed in her lane. glad you, your kids and the 911 are safe
Yeah. The stop was harder than it looked. I didn't really have time to get on the horn.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:20 AM
ekam
Drifting

Received 507 Likes on 324 Posts

My excuse for driving aggressively and never hang in SUV/truck's blind spots.
The following 2 users liked this post by ekam:
MKC91 (07-24-2020), Turbodan (07-18-2020)
Old 07-19-2020, 04:48 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by strathconaman
Yeah. The stop was harder than it looked. I didn't really have time to get on the horn.
absolutely the right move, forget the horn get out of danger first, by the time he gets to the horn it could have been game over plus there could have been music in the car, could be one of those people driving with ear buds in, on the phone, etc. first thing is always grab the wheel and gear shifter and get out of trouble,
The last thing you need is to be standing next to a crunched car yelling " didnt you hear my horn ?"
ekam (07-20-2020)
Old 07-19-2020, 04:59 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
absolutely the right move, forget the horn get out of danger first, by the time he gets to the horn it could have been game over plus there could have been music in the car, could be one of those people driving with ear buds in, on the phone, etc. first thing is always grab the wheel and gear shifter and get out of trouble,
The last thing you need is to be standing next to a crunched car yelling " didnt you hear my horn ?"
many years ago a guy didn't see me and cut me off on 401, causing me to spin off side of highway. Now I expect cars to go into my lane and am ready with horn first, and if necessary will brake or move out of the way. Lots of times they stop before entering my lane. This actually happened Friday night driving down to beaches with family on dvp, some dufus in a Lexus SUV was moving into my lane (despite his car's warnings). Hitting the horn does not slow down my braking. You just have to have your hands free and be ready and aware.
Glad no cars or people (especially kids) were damaged
Old 07-20-2020, 12:24 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

many years ago a guy didn't see me and cut me off on 401, causing me to spin off side of highway. Now I expect cars to go into my lane and am ready with horn first, and if necessary will brake or move out of the way. Lots of times they stop before entering my lane. This actually happened Friday night driving down to beaches with family on dvp, some dufus in a Lexus SUV was moving into my lane (despite his car's warnings). Hitting the horn does not slow down my braking. You just have to have your hands free and be ready and aware.
Glad no cars or people (especially kids) were damaged
IMO if you have time to process" that person is coming over i will hit my horn " in an emergency situation, it is time you just wasted getting out of the way. Horns just let people know how pissed off you are in those situations.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:50 PM
Rig.Stunts
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 76 Posts

Grrrrr
Old 07-20-2020, 02:56 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

i also bet they still have no clue that they are not allowed both lanes when turning.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:46 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
IMO if you have time to process" that person is coming over i will hit my horn " in an emergency situation, it is time you just wasted getting out of the way. Horns just let people know how pissed off you are in those situations.
in my case on Friday, the horn alerted the other driver enough that he did not come into my lane and he even waved sorry to me...I was not at all pissed off...actually happy that he was courteous enough to wave sorry.
Waterloo (07-21-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 10:04 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is one of those things that PCA DE track or racing experience would help prepare you for. Not that it wouldn't **** you off at first but knowing where the car in front could go is in your thoughts.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:40 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

in my case on Friday, the horn alerted the other driver enough that he did not come into my lane and he even waved sorry to me...I was not at all pissed off...actually happy that he was courteous enough to wave sorry.
If I had the time, I would have hit the horn. Most people hear a horn and wake up to what they are doing.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:52 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts

My macan has warning lights on the mirrors. i see lots of other cars with this feature and even I can see the light flashing.
But i think this tech is dismissed.That light is always flashing. There is ALWAYS are car in your blind spot.
My rule for my 17 year old son. Everyone is trying to kill you.
19 weeks ago, and 3 days, when I used to drive home from the office.
You could easily recognize me driving home up yonge street. I'm MR HONKEY PANTS.
Stopped your car at Starbucks during rush hour picking up your 9 dollar latte? HONK
Thinking about Jwalking across yonge street, not looking, with your black ninja outfit, hood up, at dusk, with your earpods at max? HONK
Slowing down to the right lane, as a taxi/UBER/LYFT, and i know your about to do a non-signal Uturm? HONK

Most vehicle don't turn into the correct lane. Big truck, small car? Might is right.

OP - glad you were paying attention. Any story you can tell is a good story.

Last edited by BIG smoke; 07-23-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Well, my brakes work.