Notices

Heaven at Mosport y-day with 6thGear......

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts
Default Heaven at Mosport y-day with 6thGear......

.......another chapter of the continuing saga .......unlike the last event I was up for two weeks ago, weather-wise this was nigh-on perfect with mostly blue skies, a slight wafting breeze and reasonable temps; a perfect day to go fast! And boy, everybody did just that--there were some amazingly fast cars out there including a proliferation of Cups (god almighty), Radicals, McLarens and various Porsche iterations, all just screaming around at warp speed. Also great to see Bruce DelFino's Viper back out there after surgery and not missing a beat. And then, at the other FAR end of the speed spectrum, there was yours truly in the Mini (who managed to somewhat arouse the ire of the Radical I passed going down the hill into 5a--oops.....driver's arm was flailing away so off I went. Hey, that's a straight part of the track). And the sound! All in all, simply what all track days aspire to be.

So just thankful to be out there on such a day, with the added bonus of having Lady Stephanie Curapov in the right seat for a bit (thanks for not laughing out loud, Steph! ) And, as always, BIG shout out to 6thGear for putting it all on (the lunch spread was so grand that I was filling up on the aroma ) and also to Mike at pitout, Frank at Control and the other track and safety personnel.

Gary
Old 08-01-2019, 10:50 PM
Coop
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Just epic Gary!
Old 08-02-2019, 12:33 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 147 Posts

Gary - it was indeed an epic day. Thank you for taking Steph out while we were sorting out the oil blow-by issues (and for the record, she was impressed as hell - I suspect she'll be laughing at me next time I take her out!). Looking forward to the next one!
Old 08-02-2019, 05:36 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Iain, thought of your beautiful car and how it would've slotted in very nicely with all the other screamers out there It really was a banner day for Porsches as mentioned......

Sir Doug, hope you got things sorted with the oil issue--just can't wait to see that thing howling around out there! And Steph was indeed a great sport in the right seat. Multiple hours at a 6thGear day takes its toll--two fried RE71Rs and two more flipped on the rims for next time! Worth it, tho