Inspection resale Macan

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 11:53 AM
Viks
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspection resale Macan

Hi,
I am looking upgrade from BMW X1 to a 2017-2018 Macan. Are there any reliable & expert Macan service shops in the GTA, preferably Mississauga-Oakville area where i can get the Macan inspected before purchase?

I've always driven BMW and next refresh would be my first foray in to Porche, any words of advise?

thanks,
Viks
Old 07-24-2019, 03:56 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

i think a macan is fairly similar to an Audi q5.... not sure if it needs any 'special' PPI.... just bring it to your mechanic....
Old 07-24-2019, 04:00 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

take it to the dealer where they can scan it.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:54 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

like anything else, make sure it wasnt in an accident, scan for codes or recent code reset, have a mech give it a once over, nothing special
Old 07-28-2019, 12:40 AM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 141 Posts

Meh measure paint thickness on panels and check to see the mileage was tampered with. That's about it
Old 07-29-2019, 12:00 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

See above with taking to dealer for scan. Fundamentally it's an Audi Q5 though...daily beater. I wouldn't worry too much.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:36 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LastMezger
See above with taking to dealer for scan. Fundamentally it's an Audi Q5 though...daily beater. I wouldn't worry too much.
I would say that comparing it to the Q5 is not a fair assumption. I've owned two Macans. An S and a GTS which I still have. It's night and day, and everything from the driving to the drivetrain is different - and significantly better. My experiences on the GTS is in my signature link.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:11 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
I would say that comparing it to the Q5 is not a fair assumption. I've owned two Macans. An S and a GTS which I still have. It's night and day, and everything from the driving to the drivetrain is different - and significantly better. My experiences on the GTS is in my signature link.
I meant fundamentally as in chassis componentry, electrical systems, hardpoints and lots and lots of unseen bits. Granted the magic is in the way Porsche tunes the chassis and absolutely a much better drivetrain in several models. But it's not a high-strung Ferrari F355 or something...it's built to be a daily beater.

Take it to a dealer, get it checked out, make sure it hasn't been crashed and see where the consumables are at and away you go!
Old 07-31-2019, 01:13 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
he is absolutely correct when taken in context. We are talking about a preinspection and they are all the same with respect to this. no one its talking about any of the things you mentioned. to an inspector of such things OP wanted they are all just a box on 4 wheels.

Quick Reply: Inspection resale Macan