Notices

5000km Euro track&road in a Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 11:11 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
Road insurance is quite easy. I talked to my agent T Chubb here and it was arranged. Just note that there is zero possibility of track insurance.

I ran Spa and the Ring on my own dime.
Awesome. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2019, 06:33 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by LastMezger
Awesome. Thanks!

Just remember that premium gas is EUR 1.65 a litre. so about $2.45 or so. Filling up the Panamera was close to $200.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:11 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

...and so the adventure ends. Picked up the car at the warehouse this morning. Strange to think it will never again access the capabilities it has again. Very glad I had the chance to experience them on the roads and tracks of Germany, and of course, Spa.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:29 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Welcome 'home' EAURUGE. Man does that Gardiner westbound look a long way from its birthplace roads!! Great thread - thanks for sharing. It has been over a dozen years since I have a done a 2 wheel European adventure and have yet to do one of the 4 wheel variety. Early days.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:04 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pfitzsim
Welcome 'home' EAURUGE. Man does that Gardiner westbound look a long way from its birthplace roads!! Great thread - thanks for sharing. It has been over a dozen years since I have a done a 2 wheel European adventure and have yet to do one of the 4 wheel variety. Early days.
The sooner the better
Things are changing in Europe. The Green Party in Germany is now very popular and the young generation does not need the convenience of the car as much. Urbanization , the web, and the sharing economy are changing everything.

I have a great concern that the days of the open autobahn are numbered. I intend to do another trip on the next year or two but beyond that am not sure that this kind of automotive adventure will be possible.

As it is , cars will be much quieter- not just the electrics. The scream of my old Mezger engine is not legal on current cars and forget about using some aftermarket exhausts in Germany in the future.

The best time is always now. This trip was motivated by that feeling. If all had been stable I might not have shipped the Panamera back - just waited for the next RS.

Imagine taking Euro delivery of a quieter car and finding that you have a 120 km/h autobahn and severe noise limits on the tracks.

Quick Reply: 5000km Euro track&road in a Panamera