Notices

Any Durametric Pro Help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 11:52 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Any Durametric Pro Help?

Just went to start the car from winter storage. someone knocked the maintainer plug and now battery is stone dead. Got it charged up and the car running, but now my dome and footwell lights stay on all the time, even in auto position. This happened to me a few years ago when battery died. At that time the dealer was able to fix it by changing some settings. Maybe something that can be done with Durametric? Anyone in the GTA have one that can help?

Car is a 2007 C4S

Last edited by JasonKM; 05-07-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:21 AM
Mark Henry
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one but I'm an hour east of TO.
I don't think it will do it unless it's part of clearing a seemingly unrelated code.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:12 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

i have used a durametric and i was actually shocked at how limited it is. Granted what you are really limited by is the inteligence in the DME you are connected too. great for resetting codes and looking t a few sensors but thats about it.
Compared to VCDS which was developed to work on VAG cars i found durametric somewhat limited.

Dont get me wrong it helped fix the particular issue i was working on along with an oscilloscope, but just found it weak overall.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:08 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 573 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonKM
Just went to start the car from winter storage. someone knocked the maintainer plug and now battery is stone dead. Got it charged up and the car running, but now my dome and footwell lights stay on all the time, even in auto position. This happened to me a few years ago when battery died. At that time the dealer was able to fix it by changing some settings. Maybe something that can be done with Durametric? Anyone in the GTA have one that can help?

Car is a 2007 C4S
have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5-10 mins? that normally should reset things.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Mark Henry
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theiceman
i have used a durametric and i was actually shocked at how limited it is. Granted what you are really limited by is the inteligence in the DME you are connected too. great for resetting codes and looking t a few sensors but thats about it.
Compared to VCDS which was developed to work on VAG cars i found durametric somewhat limited.

Dont get me wrong it helped fix the particular issue i was working on along with an oscilloscope, but just found it weak overall.
Pro or the owners version?
Owners is very limited..
Old 05-17-2019, 12:33 AM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5-10 mins? that normally should reset things.
I finally went back out to the garage tonight and disconnected the battery for 30 mins. still doing the same thing. Once I put it back on the road I will try and drive over to GTEK and see what they say as I would rather have an indy do it then go back to the dealer.

I have read elswhere that I might need the "handover" procedure done. Basically something that re-initializes the various modules in the car.

Do the independent shops typically have PIWIS?
Old 05-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonKM
....Do the independent shops typically have PIWIS?
Call them and find out.

Quick Reply: Any Durametric Pro Help?