Notices

Large business/facility owners: alarm monitoring?

Old 01-15-2019, 06:26 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts
Default Large business/facility owners: alarm monitoring?

Hello.

I'm getting jerked around by XXX monitoring. They own some of their equipment and feel they can abuse folks in my particular type of business.

Please tell me who you use if you have positive reviews.

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2019, 06:29 PM
STALKER99
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Let me ask some of my clients this week and I’ll PM you.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:49 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

I'm not sure how large or critical your alarm and monitoring is or if you require fire monitoring but I'm using eyez-on which is an internet connection module that is compatible with standard commercial DSC alarm panels. I like it because I can remotely see open zones and ensure the system is armed. I can also see who is coming and going with arms and disarms. Eyez-on offers third party monitoring for like $9. I can't say how good or bad this is. We used to have ADT but had so many false alarms it became hugely expensive as they loved to send cars out to visit the cleaners.

The main drawback is if your internet connection is lost you have no access but it tells you when the connection drops. I like having full access and control of the alarm and monitoring system and not being held hostage but this may not be the best for your operation.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:53 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 967 Likes on 465 Posts

Smaller business (Service Ontario), we use Password. Equipment was installed years ago so we just pay monitoring $80 every two months.

https://www.paswordprotection.com/
Old 01-15-2019, 10:11 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

I know the business inside and out having worked in it for decades. The major players, ADT, CHUBB,SONITROL,have prettywell ironclad contracts so your only hope is to negotiate the separation. In the end they want your business and if you have multiple sites, and basically they all suck, a reasonable approach is to ask them what they are willing to do to keep you. Go directly to the highest office though, the account manager and regional managers can’t do anything for you.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:24 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

These day, just get the bare bones alarm and then get you own security cameras with off site recording & monitoring.
Pretty much all alarm companies send out their own cars and then call cops.
Many systems now have the option to be on cellular or are only on cellular to avoid communication issues. No more DVACS.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:01 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
These day, just get the bare bones alarm and then get you own security cameras with off site recording & monitoring.
Pretty much all alarm companies send out their own cars and then call cops.
Many systems now have the option to be on cellular or are only on cellular to avoid communication issues. No more DVACS.
Monitoring by the majors is now Intranet and some internet. Higher end security systems require line security which means the connection itself is monitored for outages or to prevent compromise. That means the monitoring company receiving equipment has to receive signals but also send frequent (many times a second) codes to the customers equipment and get an exact coded response.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:08 PM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts

My Wife and I own a security company, I will shoot you a PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Large business/facility owners: alarm monitoring?