Notices

Greetings

Old 10-19-2018, 05:58 PM
SleekGecko
User

Default Greetings

Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Recently picked up a 718 Cayman S and looking forward to the Porsche experience in general. My car was a cpo purchase and well optioned. Unfortunately I donít get to enjoy the car enough but am very happy with it so far (despite all the hate the 718ís get lol).

Anyways itís nice to virtually meet you folks and looking forward to Southern Ontario meets and the like.

P.s - I also have an old 2001 S2000 that im keeping for my son. He has sometime though as heís only five.

Cheers folks.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:31 PM
JimV8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Welcome to the party. The S2000 for your son is really funny.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:23 PM
SleekGecko
User

Thanks very much. Yes, the S2k sits on ice for a few years yet.
The car is a peach though and a lovely example of the AP1. Iím sure the S2k will serve him well.

Who knows, cars might be hovering by then....

As for me, I still need to find sometime to acquaint myself to the 718. Really impressed with power. Iíve never actually felt ďsatisfiedĒ with sheer acceleration in any of my previous cars (of which Iíve had a few) but this little car is a rocket!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:29 AM
Turbodan
Addict
Rennlist Member

you think they will let him (and us drive) on roads in 11 years?
btw show us pics of your new ride. and Welcome
Old 10-20-2018, 09:48 AM
SleekGecko
User

Here is the edition. I felt she needed some colour to counteract the stealth mode so I opted for some stripes.
Thanks guys.

Lets see see if I can figure out how to post a few pics.

Here is my babies sleeping in their bunk bed.

Here is the new edition. I felt iwas too much black so when I had the clear film applied I opted for some stripes.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:19 AM
1Gunner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats!

Also check out the 718 Owners Forum
Old 10-20-2018, 11:57 AM
P0rsch3F113
User

Congrats!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:50 PM
SleekGecko
User

Many thanks guys. Tried uploading some pics but I think as a newbie the moderator has to approve prior to posting but thereíre on their way

Old 10-20-2018, 01:44 PM
SleekGecko
User

Quick question guys. Do you have to be a paying member to post pics?
Old 10-20-2018, 02:50 PM
wizee
User

Originally Posted by SleekGecko View Post
Quick question guys. Do you have to be a paying member to post pics?
No, I think you just have to hit a certain number of posts or account age or some such combination.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:41 PM
SleekGecko
User

Okidoke. Thanks guys. Well I thought I had a posted a couple pics but I suppose Iíll wait to see if they in fact appear.

Anyways, happy to be a part of the Canadian Porsche community. Had a couple of BMWs (e36 M3 and 135i) both of which were nice although I enjoyed the e36 much more. Iíve had also had a twin turbo stealth, turbo Silvia (240sx) and recently sold my 94 Caterham HPC (Lotus 7). So few different sports car experiences but as mentioned the 718 ticks the right boxes for me (for now).

Ive always wanted a 911 but I guess after the s2000 and lotus, I feel the smaller lighter sports cars were more fitting. Perhaps I havenít had the opportunity to really appreciate the 911 yet. Or, maybe an older model might be on the horizon as theyíre significantly smaller I think.

In in the meantime, if I spot some of you folks out there during the meets, perhaps one of you 911 owners will be kind enough to take me for a spin so I can enjoy my first 911 experience.

cheers guys.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Ronan
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you can make it into one of our GTGs os a Saturday there will be plenty of cars of all kinds..(.just look at the sticky above for location.) Next Saturday is in Oakville at Vega Blvd..all cars welcome, as well as anyone with an interest in Porsches. We are getting to the end fo the season though and are not too far until a lot of cars go into storage...a few weeks I would guess. Its a very informal group.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:38 PM
Mumbles
Addict
Rennlist Member

Welcome and congratulations. I had a s2000 and also thought it was a great little car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: