Notices

Bero Motors - PPI and IMS

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 11:35 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts
Default Bero Motors - PPI and IMS

any thoughts on Bero Motors on Kipling in southwest Etobicoke? Looking to get a car ppi’ed and IMS replaced.

thanks.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:48 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Hunter Motorsports is in the West end, and highly regarded. I would highly recommend Hunter.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:59 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by halo777
Hunter Motorsports is in the West end, and highly regarded. I would highly recommend Hunter.
Tough to get an appointment there. I've been unsuccessful 3 for 3.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:15 PM
Bahama
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I have had my 69 911 serviced by both (although Hunter more recently, and Beese still servicing my VW's).
Brent has fewer personnel (at the moment), so one may need to make a booking 1 or so weeks out (his work is excellent and he knows Porsches - he rebuilt my engine + other repairs).
Andy has more personnel and his schedule is more flexible. (not sure the level of Porsche specific knowledge and experience each of his team has, but they have done some minor engine and major suspension work on my 911 in the past, but never IMS) and they currently still do most of my VW work. Overall work through Andy is great, but if I had the choice and time was not a critical consideration, I would go through Brent
Old 09-24-2018, 09:07 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Hunter would be preferred but always seems to be swamped. Bero is a walk from home so wondering about their experience. Used to see some air cooled there but mostly Audi and he had 2 Westfalias air cooled there .
Old 09-26-2018, 05:36 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Bahama
I have had my 69 911 serviced by both (although Hunter more recently, and Beese still servicing my VW's).
Brent has fewer personnel (at the moment), so one may need to make a booking 1 or so weeks out (his work is excellent and he knows Porsches - he rebuilt my engine + other repairs).
Andy has more personnel and his schedule is more flexible. (not sure the level of Porsche specific knowledge and experience each of his team has, but they have done some minor engine and major suspension work on my 911 in the past, but never IMS) and they currently still do most of my VW work. Overall work through Andy is great, but if I had the choice and time was not a critical consideration, I would go through Brent
Thanks for this.

I've taken my car to Mantis, but it's a bit of a hike for me. Hunter would have been perfect, but knowing Bero has done some Pcar work and is much more closer to me, this seems like a no-brainer! My interactions with Hunter have been positive, but just very difficult to get a booking, often getting turned away.

Quick Reply: Bero Motors - PPI and IMS