Hows my luck

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 11:47 AM
mducharme
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hows my luck

Hi guys ,
I had my 1986 turbo 911 back from the dealer in Michigan after a very expensive engine rebuild in what I call record time. The car has been home 9 days . They give me advice on break in procedure which I follow to a tee. Any way its been very cold here for the last week but clear roads.So I decide to play hooky from work and take a ride. (BIG MISTAKE) . I'm out a couple of hours getting the thumbs up from people including 2 cops at a traffic light. Just feeling great to be alive. I pull in to get gas, while I'm in the store waiting to pay this woman walks in and says, who owns a blue pick up? The guy at the counter says I do . She tells him your truck just rolled through the parking lot backwards and just missed her car. I'm still in line waiting to pay thinking (what an idiot) The guy (idiot) walks back in the store and says Who owns the black car ? My stomach turned up side down.I go outside to see his truck parked on top of my hood literally. He then asks me if I think we need to involve the police .I'm thinking someone better call the police because I'm ready to kill this guy. Now its back at the same dealer that did the engine for an insurance assesment.
So I ask this question HOWS MY LUCK?
I'll give more details when I have them.
Thanks for allowing me to vent
mducharme 930
911 cab.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:18 PM
rwodabek
Racer

Man, I feel sick for you. I can't believe that. Sorry to hear that.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:04 AM
zehnd
Addict
Rennlist Member

That does suck, the guy was to embarrased to say who owns the porsche I just smoked.

Hope he had good insurance.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:27 AM
mducharme
Instructor

Hey Guys ,
I just got a call from the idiot who ran into me. He wants to settle without using his insurance. He says he was prepared to buy a new fender and hood plus 250.00 cash . Then he points out this is in my best interest because it happened in a private lot, and I would have to 50% anyways.
Now that I have complete reassurance this guy is an idiot. I had to ask,WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE AIR CONDITIONING CONDENSOR ,FRONT BUMPER, BUMPER BELLOWS,FENDER BEADINGS, CRACKED BATTERY,DAMAGED HOOD CREST,HEAD LIGHT RING,H4 HEADLIGHT,not to mention does he really think 250.00 is going to paint the hood and fender anyways.
Then he says he would have it painted for me ( He kwows a good body shop). This guy is beautiful very entertaining. I really enjoyed the part where he pointed out what he figured my car was worth, around 10,000.
Pointing out its nearly 20 years old.
At this point I told him thanks for calling. I hope he enquires the exact cost after its fixed, I'm sure he'll be surprised

mducharme 1986 930
1984 carrera cabriolet (for sale)
Old 02-16-2004, 01:27 PM
nuck
AutoX

How does your story end?
Old 02-16-2004, 02:08 PM
mducharme
Instructor

Hey Nuck,
Been over to see the car a couple of times , dealers body shop is very busy. It took awhile for insurance to finally assess all damage. I knew the battery was cracked, I checked , dealer removed it upon my request . I have not put any pressure on the dealer yet. I want it back perfect. There is no cost to me pertaining to insurance.
I have not heard anymore from the Idiot who ran in to me. I also explained to my insurance I would not accept the car back with a squeak or a rattle or anything less than perfect.
Mducharme 86 930 turbo
84 carrera cabrio (for sale)
Old 02-16-2004, 04:16 PM
delhi
Racer

10k?! stupid hobo! i'm sorry for you man. Do not let him go easily!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that all the guys living in Toronto or west should organize a group drive to meet you and find this jackass. We'll give him the beating of his life and smack some sense into him. Sorry to hear about this mishap. The one thing missing from your story is how well the car drove prior to this unfortunate meet with destiny.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:04 AM
mducharme
Instructor

Hey Alon,
The car ran beautiful, the sound of the exhaust, incredible. After the rebuild it seemed like all my sense's were hightened. I drove around lake roads mostly, medium bursts , alot of gear changing, no constant speeds.
Basically trying to break it in. I would love to say I tore up the road with it, but it isn't the case. This will come later, although the power is definately there. After the first 500 km's I plan to have it dyno'd .
Mducharme 86 930 turbo
84 carrera cabrio ( for sale)
Old 02-17-2004, 12:14 AM
mducharme
Instructor

One more thing, I hope I get the chance to meet you guys sometime. I hope something comes together this summer in Toronto.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:16 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

No more joy riding... PLEASE!
Old 02-17-2004, 12:41 AM
mducharme
Instructor

Daredevil, I hear ya.

Quick Reply: Hows my luck