Notices

Amazing track day at Area 27 with PCA CWR

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 10:49 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 568 Posts
Default Amazing track day at Area 27 with PCA CWR

I want to shout out to Area 27 track in BC and PCA Canada West Region. The track itself is very challenging and interesting - I can see taking many many days to figure it out fully. It could use some bigger curbs in some places to make more aggressive driving safer and reduce debris on track from wheels dropped in the dirt on trackouts, but it's a minor nitpick. It's also rather safe, with plenty of run-off in most places. The team conduction the event did a great job as well - it was well-controlled but with enough freedom to have some fun. There is no clubhouse or place to buy water at the track, which was an unpleasant surprise. I was hoping for an air-conditioned clubhouse to cool off between sessions. But that's coming soon, from what I've heard. But in general, it's an awesome fun track and great experience with PCA CWR.

Here are some laps I recorded on my dashcam. I was in my daily driver, just took booster seats out and went for it, so only the dash cam was there to record. Don't judge too harshly - it's my first time at this track, and it's a street car with sofa seats (which are way too wide for me - I'm a smaller dude), P Zero tires and OEM alignment set up for much understeer.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:16 PM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Great looking track. And pretty great looking driving!

Quick Reply: Amazing track day at Area 27 with PCA CWR