Notices

6X9's in the front doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 11:19 AM
adie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 6X9's in the front doors

I'm having a little play, i have made the moulds for them and am about to start glassing them, I think it's going to work, anyone interested in fitting some without cutting away at the metal work?, I have to secure the battery down first before I carry on with them but so far I think I'm on a winner, need to pull the speaker out and trial fit the new door pod first but I'm not sitting out there with the door open playing with a scredriver today, let me know if anyone is interested, as always I have kept templates and they can be easily reproduced, I reacon they should cost you no more than $25 depending on the final trim.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Adie...How'd the retrofit turn out? I'm thinking of doing something with 8-10" subs in the back....Our cars are similar in style just slightly different in size....Regards Bill

Ps ...How's the skiing going?
Old 01-14-2004, 10:58 PM
adie
Pro

1st side went well, havn't trimmed it yet so it's still in glass fiber, just need to find some sub box carpet to cover it with, once I have it installed I'll finnish the other side, had to go to work and with the snow falling deeper it's getting harder to sit outside playing. The 928 would probably be easier, if you make a template of the door and mark out where the existing hole is and the depth behind it it becomes an indoor job all the way.
I think I should have brought a pass for Mt. St. Louis as I'm having great fun up there, I didn't realise there would be so much snow. Our car should be a little more recognisable soon as I've decided that were going to keep it and run it into the ground, so a Union Jack is going on the roof just like my old race car.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good Stuff Adie....I work in Collingwood and live 45 miles further west of there. No, I don't ski. Just in case you are wondering. I remember your one post stating you were working up this way as a patroller I believe. Well keep up the good work. You might be surprised. The ground might be further away than what you think. That is as long as the maintenance is performed....Have a great winter and good luck with the enclosures...

Regards Bill
Old 01-25-2004, 05:25 PM
adie
Pro

well i spent a day with the door covers off so I could also fit some central door locking motors that I had floating around, the speakers fitted, just and sound absoultly fab. there cut of a little to high but I need to play with a few choke sizes, there on a 12/db slope at the moment so I may just change the cut off, The door locks were my most triumphant gadget, I used the old speaker dial from the standard set up, used the pis as a double throw double position switch and removed the vairable resistance coil winding in the switch, now it can be used as an unlock/locker and somewhere to hook my new alarm system into.
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2004, 05:29 PM
adie
Pro

I still need to cover the builds but not bad for 3 hours work, makes the drive to blue mountain bearable
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow Adie...That's quite a bit of work getting those to fit . Nice job. You can take the rest of the weekend off now...enjoy the snow,Blue Mountain style. Take Care........ Bill

Quick Reply: 6X9's in the front doors