Notices

Canada (Winnipeg) - New Build - 911 Turbo - Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Jim Sab
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canada (Winnipeg) - New Build - 911 Turbo - Pricing?

Hi All,

New to the forum, and also new to the Porsche brand.

After much deliberation, and combing through used cars, I've decided to build my own Porsche 911 Turbo and wait for the November delivery. The model year will officially be 2019.

My question is simple: For those of you who've built a car and awaited the delivery, how much of a discount is reasonable to expect from the dealership? The MSRP on the Turbo is $184,000 + I have about 26K in options making the total price approximately 210K.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:38 PM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

In Winnipeg, likely 2% at best. All dealers across the country do little discounting on new builds....cars on the lot are a bit different as they are floorplanned and have a greater insentive to move them off the lot.
More often than not the 2% isn't off MSRP, usually it's the "value" of the throw ins such as PPF, winter wheel dicount, trickle charger, swag, service, etc.

If you plan to do ED, nothing at all, as it costs the dealership $3500 or so (although they get a replacement allocation).

I think corporate tracks puchase prices relative to MSRP and uses it as a metric for the dealership, so hence the disincentive to discount there.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:09 PM
Jim Sab
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for info. Yeah, exactly 2% is what I was able to get off the MSRP of total build cost. They are still charging approximately $2000 for delivery / transport / docking / etc ...

They tell you they only get so many allocations, so I'm just "lucky" to have an opportunity for a custom build ... not sure how "lucky" I actually am ... I have no idea if a 911 Turbo allocation is overly coveted ... for context, I asked if I can make it a Turbo S, but they said it can only be a "Turbo" since they've already filled their Turbo S allocation ..

Reading the US forums, everyone seems to be able to get 5-8% discounts, so I felt a little bit duped with the 2%, which is why I wanted input from Canadian buyers as the two markets are probably quite different.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:54 PM
tbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

PM me
Old 06-25-2018, 02:25 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 199 Posts

Depends on the dealership and car, not much competition in Winnipeg I assume.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:07 PM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Not a 911 buyer but I did order a Macan GTS. 2% was what I was offered from the sole Ottawa dealer. I did find that Montreal dealers, with three dealers, were much more open to negotiation. I got 5% off and no dealer fee other than the PDI. I ordered at the end of January so YMMV.

Quick Reply: Canada (Winnipeg) - New Build - 911 Turbo - Pricing?