Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 12:28 AM
minivan
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Greetings

Hi Everyone,

This past December I joined the Porsche family and became a proud owner of my first Porsche, a 2007 C2S. The car is awesome and I'm constantly making excuses to drive it when I can. I also look forward to participating in the community and heading out to the meets/drives when in can.

So I decided to install an OEM short shifter kit this past weekend and while I was down there I noticed USB cable and some sort of stereo input/switch that's connected to the back of the PCM unit (pics below). I checked the manual and it looks like this might be something that the previous owner installed. Is anyone familiar with what this is and how it works? Thank you all in advance and I've included some pics of my car. Cheers!

USB connector and stereo input/switch box

USB connector and stereo input/switch box

My plate is an inside family joke.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:22 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

That piece is a Gateway 500 from Dension.
It allows you to connect iPods or other auxiliary units to the factory PCM radio.
It is used instead of the cd changer.

http://www.dension.com/automotive/pr...ns/gateway-500
Old 05-08-2018, 09:49 AM
Kelvin38
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome! Your car looks really nice, love the colour (I'm biased). What are your thoughts on the short shifter - did you continue to use the stock cables?
Old 05-08-2018, 10:36 PM
minivan
Track Day

Thank you for the info. I hope it's still working but for now I'm happy with the noise out back.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:55 PM
minivan
Track Day

Originally Posted by Kelvin38
Welcome! Your car looks really nice, love the colour (I'm biased). What are your thoughts on the short shifter - did you continue to use the stock cables?
Thank you Kevin. I think the short shifter is well worth the money. This is actually the first manual transmission car that I've owned and the short throws make it easier and more pleasurable to drive, compared to stock. The gear changes need a little more force but it feels more direct and satisfying. Shifting between 3rd and 4th is so short and quick that I sometimes second guess if I popped it into neutral rather than completing the shift. I continued to use the stock cables but I may change these down the line.

Quick Reply: Greetings