Notices

Security cameras for garage

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 03:43 AM
Dashler
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Garage security camera systems provide multiple benefits. Not only can they deter assault, theft, and vandalism, they provide evidence in cases where unfortunate situations occur. I have installed intrusion alarm systems in my garage and they were really effective.
The garage becomes vulnerable as many homeowners do not regularly lock the door from the garage into the home since it is not directly accessible from the outside, but the garage door is. Aside from being an entryway to the home, the garage itself is appealing also to burglars. It serves as storage for valuables and re-sellable items such as vehicles and power tools.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:24 AM
RockySmith
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a detached garage, my suggestion would be to have a motion sensor along with a security camera around the garage, that you can monitor from anywhere.
I have installed smart security systems from Toronto right after getting my car. It has been great. I have a system that I can manage through my phone. Also, I can operate the garage doors through phone i.e closing and opening. My garage is an attached so I always keep the door entering the house closed, that is really important.
Since you have a detached garage, always remember to deadbolt the service door.
And Yes, getting a dog is also a good option.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:28 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Wyzecams back in stock. Ordered!
Old 05-16-2018, 08:06 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

There isn't a one-covers-all solution, but if you approach the issue one step at a time then most likely you will create deterrence and in the end thats the objective. Consider yourselves fortunate as I discovered there are places that Police don't prosecute property crime at all. Case in point, Costa Rica, the haven of democracy in Central America, which is a second going onto a first world country but there is no prosecution for property crime and hence EVERY building sprouts eight foot high fences and walls topped with razor wire or (for the wealthy) electrified top wires. Driving around I asked my driver if we were passing a prison, no said he it's a school. So why the wire, he said the school is funded by donation and thieves will steal the desks and chairs so the defence makes sure the kids have stuff. Bad enough that elementary school is semi weekly so there are two groups of kids in school each week. It's a TICO culture and totally warped and amoral.

Quick Reply: Security cameras for garage