Notices

Durametric Pro cable?

Old 02-25-2018, 10:10 PM
Sloss
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Durametric Pro cable?

Anyone in the GTA with a Durametric Pro cable I could use, borrow, rent or buy?

I've installed a fixed wing and need to turn off the spoiler module on my 997

If it help, I own a 2WD Mustang Dyno and would be happy do some HP pulls for you in exchange for the use of your cable.

LMK, Thanks
Nick
Old 02-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Neb
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Contact user MYW on here.
https://rennlist.com/forums/members/134823-myw.html
Old 03-18-2018, 01:01 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

PM me if you still need this, we (you and me) could have a look; always helpful to figure out how to do things with this tool.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:34 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
PM me if you still need this, we (you and me) could have a look; always helpful to figure out how to do things with this tool.
rear module -> coding -> spoiler function (inactive)
Old 03-18-2018, 08:08 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
rear module -> coding -> spoiler function (inactive)
Haha, sounds about right.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:01 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

On the topic of Durametric, is it possible to disable the tail light lamps as part of the DRL's on Canadian cars?
Old 03-19-2018, 08:06 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

tail lamps i am not sure , as there is nothing in the rear module related to DRL (are you certain tail lights are turned on re DRL???)

but there 100% is a 'Manatory Daytime Driving Lights?' in the FRONT module that can be turned on/off.
there is also a 'Daytime Driving Lights Activated via PCM' in the FRONT module as well that can be switched to YES/NO (not sure if sport chronos needs to be an option for this for it to work properly).

Originally Posted by cstyles
On the topic of Durametric, is it possible to disable the tail light lamps as part of the DRL's on Canadian cars?
Old 03-20-2018, 09:36 AM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
tail lamps i am not sure , as there is nothing in the rear module related to DRL (are you certain tail lights are turned on re DRL???)

but there 100% is a 'Manatory Daytime Driving Lights?' in the FRONT module that can be turned on/off.
there is also a 'Daytime Driving Lights Activated via PCM' in the FRONT module as well that can be switched to YES/NO (not sure if sport chronos needs to be an option for this for it to work properly).
The rear tail lamps are definitely always on as part of the DRL system. I am OK with the headlamps being on, just wish I could deactivate the tail light portion. My car (with sport chrono) has a screen in the PCM that shows the option to turn DRL on or off - but it's grey'd out and you cannot select it. I believe US spec cars can access this option. I wonder if enabling this option would deactivate the rear tail lamps as all it refers to is DRL in general, not specifically the front headlamps.

Where's the best place to buy a durametric cable? Or are they prohibitively expensive for personal use?
Old 03-20-2018, 10:38 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 285 Likes on 196 Posts

My understanding is the best place to buy one is from their website.
They are not cheap ....
Old 03-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Sloss
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the help/feedback guys

I ended up just buying a Pro cable and successfully disabled the rear spoiler function.

Now I have this cable sitting here - So... cstyles and or anyone else that wants to try something and or has a need for a Pro cable functionality, I am in the South Etobicoke area and happy to help.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:17 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

The rear tail lamps are definitely always on as part of the DRL system. I am OK with the headlamps being on, just wish I could deactivate the tail light portion. My car (with sport chrono) has a screen in the PCM that shows the option to turn DRL on or off - but it's grey'd out and you cannot select it. I believe US spec cars can access this option. I wonder if enabling this option would deactivate the rear tail lamps as all it refers to is DRL in general, not specifically the front headlamps.

Where's the best place to buy a durametric cable? Or are they prohibitively expensive for personal use?
Correct.
My First US Porsche went to the dealer for the $500 DRL activation....sigh and the option to turn on or off disappeared. Second US Porsche, I turned it on via PCM before the inspection and still have the option to turn on or off.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:19 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

the durmetric can disable this - i used mine to disable mine and used the diode hack to force the DRL to come as my foglights.

. My car (with sport chrono) has a screen in the PCM that shows the option to turn DRL on or off - but it's grey'd out and you cannot select it. I believe US spec cars can access this option. I wonder if enabling this option would deactivate the rear tail lamps as all it refers to is DRL in general, not specifically the front headlamps.

yes, very smart... if during inspection they notice that the DRL isnt working they will use the PIWIS and use the 'force on' (bypassing the pcm control).

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Correct.
My First US Porsche went to the dealer for the $500 DRL activation....sigh and the option to turn on or off disappeared. Second US Porsche, I turned it on via PCM before the inspection and still have the option to turn on or off.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:08 PM
Neb
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Resurrecting an old thread. Anyone still have a Durametric pro I can rent or borrow? have an Airbag light on that I want to diagnose and some general coding, auto door lock, lights, etc.

I am in GTA area.

Thanks,

Old 06-05-2020, 10:47 PM
Discomonkey
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be interested in renting one too. I’d like to do the diode hack for Foglight drls and would like shut off headlamp drls.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:27 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

if you're in toronto feel free to pm me.

Originally Posted by Discomonkey
I would be interested in renting one too. I’d like to do the diode hack for Foglight drls and would like shut off headlamp drls.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Durametric Pro cable?