Notices

North GTA Trusted bodyshops

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 10:08 AM
turbo'ed
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default North GTA Trusted bodyshops

Looking for a quick recommendation for some shops that repair and paint a sideskirt and bumper for my neighbor. Has anyone used a shop they've been happy with in the GTA? Thanks!
Old 08-25-2017, 09:57 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Try Fine Line Collision
20 Laidlaw in Markham 905-472-2455
I'm a repeat customer.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:12 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian 162
I'm a repeat customer.
Accident magnet ??
Old 08-27-2017, 09:32 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lowbee
Accident magnet ??
In 2004 I was, I've used this shop for over 20 years for non collision work as well.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:51 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't recommended any collision shops until now, as guys tend to jump on the bandwagon and recommend shops that sponsor Porsche events i.e. 427 Collision and other shops owned or related to PCA Members.

I recommend KKT

KKT Auto Collision
Address: 20 Heritage Rd Unit 12, Markham, ON L3P 3P3
Phone: (905) 472-1115 Ask for Jack! or leave a message.
Jack, learnt his trade in Europe, turning and shaping metal the old fashion way, his first boss was a Porsche guy. Jack is a one man operation so you know who is working on your car, he takes great pride in his work and is known for his great prep work on replacement bumpers. If you want quick and dirty don't waste your time but if you love your car and want the job done properly, then this is the place. If your bumper get hits after Jack paints it, chances are the new paint will not crack and flake like work from other shops. KKT does alot of Porsches, and other high end cars.

Fellow Rennlist Member Tricky Disco and his father goes there for repairs as well. Don't take my word for it check out what others say about KKT:
https://www.google.ca/search?source=...58582fccc061,1,

Originally Posted by Brian 162
In 2004 I was, I've used this shop for over 20 years for non collision work as well.
Sorry Brian, I can't recommend the quality of work at Fineline, it may have declined after your last experience, in 2012 CAA recommended them as a shop of choice but it took them a month and four tries to complete my BMW and even after they did deliver the car, the clear coat came off the hood at the first no touch car wash.

Last edited by Mark Lue; 08-28-2017 at 04:00 AM. Reason: + comment
Old 08-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mark Lue
I haven't recommended any collision shops until now, as guys tend to jump on the bandwagon and recommend shops that sponsor Porsche events i.e. 427 Collision and other shops owned or related to PCA Members.

I recommend KKT

KKT Auto Collision
Address: 20 Heritage Rd Unit 12, Markham, ON L3P 3P3
Phone: (905) 472-1115 Ask for Jack! or leave a message.
Jack, learnt his trade in Europe, turning and shaping metal the old fashion way, his first boss was a Porsche guy. Jack is a one man operation so you know who is working on your car, he takes great pride in his work and is known for his great prep work on replacement bumpers. If you want quick and dirty don't waste your time but if you love your car and want the job done properly, then this is the place. If your bumper get hits after Jack paints it, chances are the new paint will not crack and flake like work from other shops. KKT does alot of Porsches, and other high end cars.

Fellow Rennlist Member Tricky Disco and his father goes there for repairs as well. Don't take my word for it check out what others say about KKT:
https://www.google.ca/search?source=...58582fccc061,1,

Sorry Brian, I can't recommend the quality of work at Fineline, it may have declined after your last experience, in 2012 CAA recommended them as a shop of choice but it took them a month and four tries to complete my BMW and even after they did deliver the car, the clear coat came off the hood at the first no touch car wash.
Good to know Mark, sorry to hear about it. 427 and Pfaff are an option as well. The poster didn't say what area he's in.

Quick Reply: North GTA Trusted bodyshops