Notices

Anyone here at Area 27 this long weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 03:15 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 561 Posts
Default Anyone here at Area 27 this long weekend?

Just got to Osoyoos and noticed some nice gt3 rs and Turbo parked at my lodge. Anyone here?
Old 08-10-2017, 01:42 AM
shotor
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Just got to Osoyoos and noticed some nice gt3 rs and Turbo parked at my lodge. Anyone here?
I'm a member. Was up there on the Aug 4 & 5.

There are a few other Rennlisters that are members too.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:05 PM
SupraSaiyan
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

Hi guys,

I've been thinking of doing the Academy 27 program at Area 27. Does anyone here have any experience with this program?

Cheers
Old 08-14-2017, 12:13 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shotor
I'm a member. Was up there on the Aug 4 & 5.

There are a few other Rennlisters that are members too.
Great, it looks like a fun track in a cool location. I hope it was not too hot that weekend. I was looking for some members to chat and see what they think - it's very tempting, but I try to hit 4-6 tracks per season, so not sure how much time I can spend at one track.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:01 PM
shotor
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Great, it looks like a fun track in a cool location. I hope it was not too hot that weekend. I was looking for some members to chat and see what they think - it's very tempting, but I try to hit 4-6 tracks per season, so not sure how much time I can spend at one track.
I like the track very much. Its like a longer, slightly more technical Ridge.

Not sure what what aspects of it you are interested in? Some thoughts:
  • Lots of run-off, but there are couple of places that you can hit walls.
  • Work on the building should start in fall, they say. It will have car storage, but I'm almost certain not enough.
  • The local shops are now understanding the money to be made and are providing support as needed.
  • Members that I've met are all very pleasant.
  • Everyone seems to be respectful of allowing passes, etc. Partially because your a member, so missing a session/time doesn't really matter. You could just run tomorrow or the next day.
  • Door to door from Vancouver is 4 hours, assuming no long-weekend rush-hour, etc.
  • Its good "value" if you live in the interior. But lets be honest, its a fun waste of money.

I'll stop before I sound like a complete salesman for the place.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:28 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I was there last weekend.

Non members are capped at 3 track days a year FYI.

I had my 997 RS there on Nitto NT01 tires.
Wish i had my clubsport on stickers as i would have murdered the course.

991RS was doing 2:20 and i was behind him in the mid 2:20s. I left alot on the table in terms of over slowing the car learning the track.
Street car record is 2:09 with a pro in 991RS on track wheels/tires.

Track is super smooth.
Has nice flow too. Never felt like I was being tossed around in the car. It was enjoyable every session. it didnt feel like alot of work which was refreshing.

It has a nice long straight away, a couple of high speed corners, a couple of slow speed tight and twisties, uphill brake zone, downhill brake zone and a couple of blind hills to keep you working.

It was a pleasure to run and I would like to go back and try to unlock a few of the corners for a personal best.

Being a member would allow you more time if you want to drive more then 3 times a season at this track.
Given the 4 hour drive outside of vancouver you would want to make the weekend of it as it is alot of driving to and from.
The water mark hotel is nice and you can take in some of the winery in the area. Not a bad place to enjoy a weekend during the summer.
Shared Helicopter charter would be the way to arrive and drive once they have the garages completed with clubhouse IMO. Quick in and out for members. (think heli skiing/fishing only for driving )

I am already commited to 10 race weekends a season therefore I would never get more than 3 days at this track.
If i were not racing I would consider it as an alternative to be able to drive my car in anger somewhere close to home.
Attached Images   
Old 08-17-2017, 09:52 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Sounds awesome, especially the helicopter arrive and drive. Now I want to do it just for the sake of it. Unfortunately, my car got delayed in Europe, so I will not get to try this track this season but looking forward to going there next year. I think 3 days a year may be enough for me given all other tracks, but I may change my mind about that.

Quick Reply: Anyone here at Area 27 this long weekend?