Notices

First Post

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003 | 01:14 AM
mavrick
Intermediate

Thanks Dave for the advice. As this effort is really the result of committee members of 4 Porsche Clubs coordinating during their limited free time, it is already a monumental achievement that it is a reality at all! With so much on our hands, we can really only cope with existing Club members, and limited advertising by word of mouth.

No extensive sell this year, but for those fortunate enough to log in to our "extremely quiet" forum, perhaps an opportunity to participate in a rare, yet exciting event in South East Asia!
Old 11-06-2003 | 12:52 PM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Hey Roland, just cxhecked back in here. 'Our' forum is in danger of disappearing into oblivion. My default only shows posts from the last 30 days and this was the only one here!!!!
Old 11-24-2003 | 11:24 AM
glen2002
Racer

Dave,
As President hows the planning for the Christmas bash going? It would be nice if it is somewhere convenient for Roland, myself & you. Hows the membership drive going or did that get waylaid with Rugby World Cup celebrations?

Roland good luck with your event.

Glen
Old 11-24-2003 | 06:16 PM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Hi Glen, Hi Roland,

I have been thinking about where we should meet. Would Italy be about halfway? I'll have to look at an atlas.
Christmas planning did take a bit of a back seat during the recent turn of sporting good fortune. Not bad eh. Credit where its due me thinks.
Now, back on to the serious matter of Christmas planning. Seeing as its nearly December i've had a bit of an idea to get the number of visitors up immeasurably. Now, its going to take buy-in from both yourself Glen and you too Roland. The plan looks like this.
On the first of December we send christmas greetings to all the other regions by visiting their forums and wishing them all the best from the MASSIVE team here at AsiaPac. Whilst we are at it we should invite them along to have a quick look , 'if they think theyre fast enough'. That should wind a few of them. There are seven other regions so its two each for you and i'll do three. We'll leave a message here for them, which actually means that we'll then have 3 posts (an increase of 50%) in our forum that says something like Christmas visitors look here.
I would hope that this will increase activity a thousand fold.
Anyway, i need your thoughts on this Glen, yours too Roland before WE proceed so put your answer here.
I look forward to our christmas bash, any ideas what we'd like to see on the menu?
Old 11-24-2003 | 07:20 PM
mavrick
Intermediate

Hi Glen/Dave

With regards to our proposed meeting, it will be tough for me to meet halfway in Italy. My work takes me on an Asia-Pacific routing every other week, but a meeting in London or Sydney/Melbourne would be a possibility as I do venture out once or twice a year.

As I'll be on leave for most of December without email access, I'm afraid I may have to leave the forum contact to you guys. As compensation, I will be spreading the news of the forum to the 60+ owners who will be turning up for the Phuket Drive. Perhaps this would be another useful way to start.

Roland
Old 11-26-2003 | 12:22 PM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi

Greetings!!!

mavrick - if I am not wrong .... we exchange emails before... (I am the Singaporean in Taiwan that have the Lindsey's kit.)
Old 11-28-2003 | 08:12 PM
mavrick
Intermediate

Hi Songzzz

Absolutely right! My Lindsey Kit is now on my 944T, but with one very annoying habit. The over boost on sudden acceleration from a 4k rpm start winds up to 1.5 bar despite setting it at a low 0.9 bar to start with. Using the Lindsey manual controller at the moment as my brand new Blitz EBC cannot control it either.

Anyway, welcome to the AP forum! Any interest in joining the party in Phuket - see my earlier posting?

As this is probably not the forum for it,
Old 11-29-2003 | 12:38 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Hey Mav,
Last heard the count is at 75 cars. May be 74 as a hitch came up and I might not be back in Singapore to make the drive.....would be about 4-5 hrs behind PCS. Now if I had the top speed of the CGT I could possible catch up.

Anyway still going for the briefing today.....we'll see if we will meet
Cheers
Old 11-30-2003 | 08:50 AM
mavrick
Intermediate

Hi Pzull

4-5 hrs behind PCS? Hey you have until nightfall to reach Haadyai! Either that or fly up and meet us either in Haadyai or Phuket. I'm sure there'll be an empty seat somewhere for you!

Incidentally, a certain purple 964 convertible could have done the Singapore - Thai border stretch in 5 hours a few years back. Alas the owner, who was an ex- classmate of mine, is no longer around to do it again!
Old 12-01-2003 | 11:55 PM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

mavrick,, I left singapore for good years ago... cant join you in Phuket, unfortunately.
Old 12-06-2003 | 02:00 PM
Wsp964
Racer

test
Old 12-11-2003 | 12:39 AM
Matthew Jeffs
2nd Gear

test
Old 12-14-2003 | 07:22 PM
LTan
Track Day

Hi Roland, the ride sounds interesting. How did it go? Did you go? I am from Malaysia originally, but downunder in Melbourne now. I am back to KL in January. I should plan for next year if they run this regularly.

Is there a write up on this at a website somewhere?

Cheers,
Leong
85 Carrera Targa
Old 01-05-2004 | 08:42 AM
Paul Flintoft
Intermediate

Default Welcome From Melbourne

I'd like to add another name to the post, from Melbourne, Australia.
Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2004 | 12:58 AM
mavrick
Intermediate

Welcome on board Leong, Paul!

The Phuket Drive on Dec 5 - 10 was a massive hit! The 70 cars that turned up were greeted by police outriders - not to issue speeding tickets, but to guide the seperate convoys at speeds past the usual traffic! Our thanks to the Tourism Authority of Thailand for supporting the Drive. The farewell dinner on the last night saw the Governor of Phuket order the part closure of Patong Beach for the cars to come in to park opposite the Ban Thai Beach Resort. The farewell came with a surprisng fireworks display which lit up the skies in celebration.

Pictures will be posted once it has all been compiled.

Leong - if you are currently in KL, there is a club drive at the Sepang F1 circuit this weekend of the 10th. Let me know if you want to turn up, either to join the drive, or to sample the fumes!

Quick Reply: First Post