Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superlite Aero

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 12:08 AM
dizzy8085
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen some K20 powered Norma m20's for sale for sub 60k. That's a FAST car. I have idea if they are expensive to run, but they look bitchen.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:11 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by dizzy8085
I've seen some K20 powered Norma m20's for sale for sub 60k. That's a FAST car. I have idea if they are expensive to run, but they look bitchen.
I think the FIA group CN series cars are making the move to carbon tubs so they're letting a lot of good tube frame cars go on to club racing at prices like that. I hear they're not quite as quick as the top US bike engined prototypes in sprints but they offer longer service between rebuilds and are well suited for endurance racing (a weak point for the bike powered prototypes). Some of them even have two seats so you can scare a friend. Spares lead times might be an issue since the cars aren't made or frequently raced here, but the Honda motors have a pretty good service life (longer than the DP02 motor).

If someone wants to bring one over, here's a decent list to google and shop from:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...CN_sports_cars

There are a few race shops that import them. Apexspeed might be a good place to start.

Probably on the more exotic end of that spectrum, a 2008 Norma M20F trashed everybody in SU in the NASA east coast nationals last year - 8 seconds a lap faster than the next guy. No idea what they did to it as I just pulled the results. And apparently there's a team running a Wolf chassis with a Hartley V8 in it this year.

But both the Aero and NP-01 are significantly cheaper new than the CN cars and are designed for low maintenance. I don't know how the costs for the CN cars add up but I wouldn't expect them to be cheaper than the Aero or NP.

Last edited by ace37; 07-18-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Superlite Aero