Sponsored by:

F1 Baku SPOILERS HEREIN

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 09:07 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,591 Posts

The vast majority of WC drivers were douche-bags to varying degrees. You have to be somewhat of a selfish ego-maniacal d-bag to rise to the top at the pinnacle of motorsports.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:10 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
The vast majority of WC drivers were douche-bags to varying degrees. You have to be somewhat of a selfish ego-maniacal d-bag to rise to the top at the pinnacle of motorsports.
Oh b*llsh#t, Senna and Schumi were never like that
Old 06-26-2017, 09:18 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
Oh b*llsh#t, Senna and Schumi were never like that
you can say whatever of about Senna & Schumi, however you cannot put the word "primadonna" in anyway to describe them.
As for Schumi, you also cannot use the words "ungrateful towards his team" , "did not trust his team / engineers etc. " , " i'm bigger then the team attitude, / question judgement of his team , and you cannot use sore loser.

You can start bashing those 2.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:58 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When Hamilton failed to accelerate out of a 90 degree corner, like any racer would have done a few hundred feet behind the safety car, his douchometer was measuring an 11. Most people can only get to 10, but Hamilton is special, his goes to 11.

But Vettel made two crucial mistakes...

Vettel should have accelerated when Hamilton "forgot" how to exit a corner on throttle. Hamilton of course did nothing wrong, and by accelerating out of the corner, like a normal racer, Vettel would have been doing nothing wrong as well. The result would have been an awesome NASCAR pile up under safety car because of Hamilton's innocent inability to exit a corner under a safety car. So Vettel, by not jamming his car into Hamilton on full throttle made his first crucial mistake.

The second mistake was not turning into Hamilton hard enough when he got along side him. Ask Schumi, when you are leading in points, take your opponent out and come out of the race still leading. A love tap is not the German way in racing. Vettel has gone soft.

Conclusion, Hamilton = Ultradouche, Vettel = soft German needs some *****.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:16 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
you can say whatever of about Senna & Schumi, however you cannot put the word "primadonna" in anyway to describe them.
As for Schumi, you also cannot use the words "ungrateful towards his team" , "did not trust his team / engineers etc. " , " i'm bigger then the team attitude, / question judgement of his team , and you cannot use sore loser.

You can start bashing those 2.
Senna acted like a primadonna, not so much Schumi at all.

Both could drive ruthlessly. Squeeze people into a wall, cause a crash, or in Senna's case, intentionally crash someone out.

All of that is completely unsporting but they both drove that way. Senna was more emotional and would do it when mad or if he felt he was wronged. I believe Schumi was more technical about it and did it to get an advantage.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:13 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Hahaha! + 1, i have had this discussion with friends. I believe the rule book states the leader must drive "predictable". NOT getting on the throttle after a turn that leads to a pretty lengthy straightway, is NOT predictable.

Originally Posted by PPo
When Hamilton failed to accelerate out of a 90 degree corner, like any racer would have done a few hundred feet behind the safety car, his douchometer was measuring an 11. Most people can only get to 10, but Hamilton is special, his goes to 11.

But Vettel made two crucial mistakes...

Vettel should have accelerated when Hamilton "forgot" how to exit a corner on throttle. Hamilton of course did nothing wrong, and by accelerating out of the corner, like a normal racer, Vettel would have been doing nothing wrong as well. The result would have been an awesome NASCAR pile up under safety car because of Hamilton's innocent inability to exit a corner under a safety car. So Vettel, by not jamming his car into Hamilton on full throttle made his first crucial mistake.

The second mistake was not turning into Hamilton hard enough when he got along side him. Ask Schumi, when you are leading in points, take your opponent out and come out of the race still leading. A love tap is not the German way in racing. Vettel has gone soft.

Conclusion, Hamilton = Ultradouche, Vettel = soft German needs some *****.

The ruthless is another topic. I don't agree with you about the Senna being primadonna. He was emotional but no attention *****, like Lewis. Not anywhere near the same universe however you can argue, within the same local supercluster, however i wouldn't buy it.

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Senna acted like a primadonna, not so much Schumi at all.

Both could drive ruthlessly. Squeeze people into a wall, cause a crash, or in Senna's case, intentionally crash someone out.

All of that is completely unsporting but they both drove that way. Senna was more emotional and would do it when mad or if he felt he was wronged. I believe Schumi was more technical about it and did it to get an advantage.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:34 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,803 Likes on 2,200 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
I don't agree with you about the Senna being primadonna. He was emotional but no attention *****, like Lewis. Not anywhere near the same universe however you can argue, within the same local supercluster, however i wouldn't buy it.
Senna wasn't just emotional, he was also a thinker and very spiritual. A likeable guy because he had something extra, much more than someone who just wanted to win for his own personal glory.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:44 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't Schumi do some circus stunt in a qualifying round in Monaco? I have been watching F1 for many years so crap like this is not surprising. But last time I looked you are not supposed to run into the guy in front of you. He could have avoided running into the back of Lewis.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:45 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,905 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
But last time I looked you are not supposed to run into the guy in front of you. He could have avoided running into the back of Lewis.
You might be the only one that thinks Vettel could have avoided running into the back of HAM. VET was not penalized for that and his immediate reaction to HAM not accelerating out of the corner shows it - he was completely caught off guard.

In looking at the overhead replay of the sideswipe from VET to HAM, the hit was harder than it looked and clearly intentional. It was not a glancing blow.

This should make a great rest of the way season with these 2 protagonists going at it.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CFGT3
In looking at the overhead replay of the sideswipe from VET to HAM, the hit was harder than it looked and clearly intentional. It was not a glancing blow.
Could be consciously unintentional and subconsciously intentional - temporary insanity defense.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:52 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might be the only one that thinks Vettel could have avoided running into the back of HAM.
Not true, Hamilton also thinks that... I actually closed my browser after I read that "He could have avoided running into the back of Lewis." If it was a parade of gentlemen showing off their mustaches, I agree, it could have been avoided by Vettel.

UUarrgh... the idea still drives me batty... somebody actually believes Vettel could be a competitive racer and avoid that BS situation? Awareness is what they teach in race school... like be aware that you are behind a safety car and that another car is right on your ***(ets). Hamilton knew exactly what he was doing, nobody could ever convince me of anything different. Rant over, off the soapbox.

It was a good effort, but Vettel needs to do better next time... maybe knock Ham's sidepod with a spinning rear wheel... The F1 equivalent of a Hockey hip check. But I bet it's a lot harder to pull the other drivers suit over there head... you hockey guys know what I mean. ;-)
Old 06-28-2017, 06:50 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,905 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Don't look now, but the FIA is sticking its nose into the matter as well and will have a hearing this Monday regarding the incident... Vettel could be penalized further....

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...amilton-clash/
Old 06-28-2017, 07:28 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Don't look now, but the FIA is sticking its nose into the matter as well and will have a hearing this Monday regarding the incident... Vettel could be penalized further....

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...amilton-clash/
'Stewards later cleared Hamilton of any wrongdoing after going through telemetry data on his car, coming to the conclusion that he drove consistently at all restarts and behaved "correctly".'
Old 06-28-2017, 07:52 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

+1

Originally Posted by Manifold
Senna wasn't just emotional, he was also a thinker and very spiritual. A likeable guy because he had something extra, much more than someone who just wanted to win for his own personal glory.
+1
you win 3 WDC by hitting the brakes after a turn. yup.

I'm upset, hamchops got away w/ no penalty.

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/8...353?autoplay=1

Originally Posted by PPo
Not true, Hamilton also thinks that... I actually closed my browser after I read that "He could have avoided running into the back of Lewis." If it was a parade of gentlemen showing off their mustaches, I agree, it could have been avoided by Vettel.

UUarrgh... the idea still drives me batty... somebody actually believes Vettel could be a competitive racer and avoid that BS situation? Awareness is what they teach in race school... like be aware that you are behind a safety car and that another car is right on your ***(ets). Hamilton knew exactly what he was doing, nobody could ever convince me of anything different. Rant over, off the soapbox.

It was a good effort, but Vettel needs to do better next time... maybe knock Ham's sidepod with a spinning rear wheel... The F1 equivalent of a Hockey hip check. But I bet it's a lot harder to pull the other drivers suit over there head... you hockey guys know what I mean. ;-)
Old 06-28-2017, 07:53 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

No one ran into the back of Vettel do to a concertina effect caused by Hamilton. Like a drag racer trying to anticipate the lights, Vettel was anticipating Hamilton making a run out of the corner, but it didn't happen. He made a mistake and then made another one.

Quick Reply: F1 Baku SPOILERS HEREIN