Sponsored by:

Lodging Le Circuit Mt Tremblant NER/NNJR DE

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 10:16 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by erko1905

I stayed at Lodge de la Montagne this winter when skiing with some friends. It was middle of the pack, can't complain, but nothing special.

I'll be at the event myself, and I booked the Fairmont, people seemed to really like it and also my wife is coming with me so I tried to book a nicer spot.

I don't think proximity to track is as important as proximity to the village. Being able to just walk out of your hotel into the village is really convenient, really nice bars and French Canadian food and a cool vibe there. If your hotel is very close to the village, you should be 10min away from the track.

Will see you there, I'm bringing a black C4S #34.
I think I am going to book the Fairmont as well. Trying to get my wife to go, but so far, not in the cards.

Fairmont gets a nice rate as well with the PCA discount. Not sure if I'm bringing a 991 Turbo S (Black) or a 981 S (yellow). Haven't checked my number yet as I just came off the waitlist yesterday and not sure if I got the # I asked for.

You at Pocono this weekend with NNJR?

PS - Thought Camel Toe was only a female thing. Guess if the water's cold enough....shrinkage!!
Old 06-21-2017, 10:26 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
I think I am going to book the Fairmont as well. Trying to get my wife to go, but so far, not in the cards.

Fairmont gets a nice rate as well with the PCA discount. Not sure if I'm bringing a 991 Turbo S (Black) or a 981 S (yellow). Haven't checked my number yet as I just came off the waitlist yesterday and not sure if I got the # I asked for.

You at Pocono this weekend with NNJR?

PS - Thought Camel Toe was only a female thing. Guess if the water's cold enough....shrinkage!!
Yeah it wasn't an easy sell w my wife either. Tremblant is a really nice place to be in general, and it'll be the international blues festival at the same time, French Canadian food, picturesque lake-side village to stroll around, you guys could stop by in Montreal before or after, etc etc. some ideas for the pitch

With the CAD as low as it is anything Canada is great value I think + the PCA discount, that outdoor pool alone should be worth the splurge for Fairmont.

Yes I'll be at Pocono this weekend as well. And WGI And maybe Lightning/VIR.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:34 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by erko1905
Yeah it wasn't an easy sell w my wife either. Tremblant is a really nice place to be in general, and it'll be the international blues festival at the same time, French Canadian food, picturesque lake-side village to stroll around, you guys could stop by in Montreal before or after, etc etc. some ideas for the pitch

With the CAD as low as it is anything Canada is great value I think + the PCA discount, that outdoor pool alone should be worth the splurge for Fairmont.

Yes I'll be at Pocono this weekend as well. And WGI And maybe Lightning/VIR.
I'm at all of those as well. I'll look for you at Pocono. I'll have the 2015 Black Turbo S Cab # 011 (for Messier). See you there. I'm not driving Friday but will try to make tech Friday when track goes cold. Leaving Bergen County around 2:30.

Thanks for the "sale advice" for Tremblant. I'll give it a shot.

See ya in PA.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:21 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Not fancy like the Quintessence by any means...
L'Ermitage du Lac is a Rennsport PCA favorite... very decent and affordable place.
Indoor parking available. Breakfast included. Located right in the new village.
5-10 minutes from track.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...nWk-9FTf-xFQzQ
Old 06-22-2017, 11:01 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

I haven't booked yet, but these suggestions are great. Leaning towards Fairmont but still undecided.
Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Really helps.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:55 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Just booked the Fairmont, and YES, the wife is coming. Was not an easy sell.
Hopefully some of you who are going and bringing your wife can suggest some meet ups for the women while we men are at the track during the day.
I know a few "wives" who are going to the event, so that's a plus and hopefully my wife can meet up with them during the day for whatever it is they will be doing during the day.
So glad my wife decided to go.
From what I am reading online, the restaurants and bars at The Fairmont are being renovated over the summer. Can anyone comment on that?
One more question, is The Fairmont right in the middle of the village where there are many restaurants and bars and the like? (IOW, will my wife be able to walk from the hotel to anywhere in the village during the day while I am at the track?)
I am getting very excited as I am hearing wonderful things about the track and the village.
Thanks for all the help folks. Any answers to the 2 questions in this post?
Old 06-26-2017, 02:57 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Don't eat in the new village.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:46 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Don't eat in the new village.
Why? What's wrong with the village? Is there a new village and an old village?

I am not familiar with the area. I skied there once about 25 years ago, so I have no idea what it is like now, and have never been there in the summer.

Isn't there a music festival in the village during that time?

What do you suggest? I'm kinda looking for places she can go during the day without a car.

Are there better places to eat within walking distance?

Thanks for the help..

DG
Old 06-26-2017, 04:41 PM
rnh204
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

The fairmont is right in the middle of the "new" pedestrian village, right at the base of the mountain, you'll walk down to get to restaurants in the village.

The food is not as good/authentic as the town, more touristy but its not terrible. For a quick bite and just general ease, you could do a lot worse.

PS, your wife will love it - my SO is pretty picky and that's the one track she wouldn't mind going back too. And she's been to WGI, NJMP, Palmer, Mosport, LCMT, and soon Pittrace.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:30 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rnh204
The fairmont is right in the middle of the "new" pedestrian village, right at the base of the mountain, you'll walk down to get to restaurants in the village.

The food is not as good/authentic as the town, more touristy but its not terrible. For a quick bite and just general ease, you could do a lot worse.

PS, your wife will love it - my SO is pretty picky and that's the one track she wouldn't mind going back too. And she's been to WGI, NJMP, Palmer, Mosport, LCMT, and soon Pittrace.
Should I have picked a hotel in the town instead? I am kinda getting a bit confused as to what is where. I am on the mountain but not in the town?

I can cancel at Fairmont and book elsewhere.

More than anything, I'd like this to be a good experience for my wife.

The town and the village are 2 different places? How far is the walk from the Fairmont to the town? Sorry if I am acting like an idiot, but I am clearly getting confused as to "what" is "where".

Thanks
Old 06-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgrobs
How close to the track is Hotel Quintessence? Thanks.
sorry just saw this;

It's ten minutes from the track if you drive slow. Actually it's closer than the Fairmont by a couple of minutes.

Great rooms over looking the lake with a jumbo jacooz in the centre of the room. Restaurant is pricy but excellent. Spa for her hint hint. Lots of shopping in the base village for the better half. Everything is a short walk and the staff are fantastic!

St. Jovite is an upscale village about 15 minutes south for supplies. It called the Village of Tremblant now. The old village of Tremblant is 5 minutes
passed the track entrance and the gas station stocks 91 octane.

Book Quintasessance and your wife will love you. As you're leaving she will probably ask ' when are we coming back'?

You're going to love that track. Hope it's a two day event!
Old 06-26-2017, 06:13 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgot a couple more things;

The car wash is in St Jovite (Village of Tremblant) Just make a left at the T type intersection and it's up the hill on the left. Bring Canadian loonies and twonnies so you **** off the rest of the drivers with your shiny car!

There is one covered parking spot at Quintasessance if you're looking to **** off that special someone....your buddy that brought the McLaren perhaps?

Old 06-26-2017, 09:55 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 104 Posts

You guys are really over-thinking this. The track is spectacular, and the accommodations are better than 90% of what you'll find near a similar track anywhere. Good restaurants too, all within a 15 minute drive.

Check TripAdvisor for food recs - I would suggest eating outside the 'new' Intrawest village, which is convenient but a bit more "Disney" and $$ than authentic. Again, all is within ~ 5 miles drive.

Have fun!

Cheers

Matt
Old 06-26-2017, 10:05 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Sir5n
passed the track entrance and the gas station stocks 91 octane.
This just reminded me - 91 octane is more common around that area right - is there a place close by w 93 ?

Sorry to thread-jack dgrobs
Old 06-26-2017, 10:08 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Thanks Matt. We are gonna stick with the Fairmont and will do a couple of meals outside "Disneyland". Being right in the middle of the Blues Festival is very appealing to my wife, and it's very important to me that she enjoys herself. I think she will. It's the first time she's accompanying me to a DE, and her enjoyment is my top priority (obviously driving that track for 3 days is running a very close 2nd).

I will check out TA for restaurant recommendations, but if anyone wants to post some here, please do.

Thanks for all the advice folks. Keep it coming. This site is such a wonderful resource for all things track related. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Lodging Le Circuit Mt Tremblant NER/NNJR DE