Sponsored by:

Seat Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 12:00 PM
Jferrante
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Seat Sliders

Is it me or are seat sliders mostly garbage? I have a Sparco Halo seat and sliders that are supposed to fit fine but man they take a good effort to move back and forth.
Also I find myself having to make new holes in the sliders to accomodate the side brackets on the seat....I may be the garbage part of the equation here but was wondering what has worked for those using Sparco seats, planted side mounts and planted bases.
Thanks
Old 05-25-2017, 12:07 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I NEVER use Sparco sliders. They are JUNK. Even if I am installing OMP or Sparco seats I always use the Recaro flat sliders. 100x more stable. The Sparcos when locked in place the seat can still rock. Not a good feeling in a race seat.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:26 PM
Jferrante
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

Makes sense - my opinion has been right on then they are junk - do you need to drill into the Recaro sliders as well?
Old 05-25-2017, 01:46 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 326 Posts

I haven't had to drill into my recaro sliders, but they've always been paired with recaro seats and recaro side plates.

I can't think of any reason to have to drill into them tho
Old 05-26-2017, 08:12 AM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts

+1 on flat recaro flat sliders. i find the trick is to get them mounted and bolted down tight before you tighten the seat mounts, etc. if the sliders have any torque or twist on them they will bind up. get the sliders mounted and tightened up, then tighten all the other bolts on the seat setup.

Quick Reply: Seat Sliders