Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness Questions

Old 04-19-2017, 11:59 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

Isn't there a new PCA rule in the works that will require a hans with 6 point for both the passenger and driver? You can always retrofit 3" belts to 2" belts later.

Lonestar CDI announced it was coming soon.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:50 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Yep HMS will sell you just the upper 2" upper shoulder belt sections as long as your harnesses are still in date.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:07 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HANS

Originally Posted by badabing
What if my instructor doesn't use a HANS?
He will.....likely in 2018 for PCA. As for right now, how many instructors do not have a HANS Device. I would be interested to know.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:16 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by bella1
He will.....likely in 2018 for PCA. As for right now, how many instructors do not have a HANS Device. I would be interested to know.
Probably varies by region and the level of maturity around safety dogma. Does the club truely care about instructor safety to the point that it gets a little big brother, or are the instructors considered seat meat that make the $ come in. I know it's pretty common for an instructor to have a neck restraint in Lonestar. I wear an R3 unless I know the student has a 5/6 point, then I wear a hans.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:23 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HANS

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Probably varies by region and the level of maturity around safety dogma. Does the club truely care about instructor safety to the point that it gets a little big brother, or are the instructors considered seat meat that make the $ come in. I know it's pretty common for an instructor to have a neck restraint in Lonestar. I wear an R3 unless I know the student has a 5/6 point, then I wear a hans.
Right I do not have the R3 so I do not wear my HANS with a three point of course. I do when the two seats are six point.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harness Questions