Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Bahrain Grand Prix -

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:50 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Sainz given a three place grid penalty for Russia race and deemed proportionally more at fault, sounds right to me. He had a clearer view at least and diving thru someone blind spot is always risky.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,905 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Glad I was wrong on the gap to Mercedes in qualifying -- didn't know Ferrari had set up their car to push so that it would be better in the race but Vettel said as much after the race when he said he had a good feeling after qualifying and just felt they would be fast.

Overall, an entertaining race from front to back. My estimate is that Hamilton lost about 7 seconds (5 second penalty combined with slowing down upon pit entry and waiting for Bottas to be serviced). If that doesn't happen, both he and Vettel are battling it out to the end for the race win.

The conversation between Hamilton and Bottos in the drivers room post race was rather somber. I think they know the win in Australia by Ferrari was not a fluke and it's on!

Don't know why the two Finns in the fastest cars are so much slower than their teammates...

As much as this is a 2 team race, I really do think Red Bull will be in the mix as a spoiler once Renault gets the engine upgrade for Canada.

With regard to the STROLL and Sainz, I thought Sainz was at fault, but some others that I was watching with didn't see it so black and white and thought Stroll could have given him room. In my opinion, if Sainz just lifts a little, they both make it out of there with no damage and both race to the end instead of a double DNF. From a mental standpoint, and based on the 3 races so far, I don't think the other drivers on the grid respect Stroll, perhaps by how he got into F1. He hasn't earned any respect or doesn't have a reputation yet. For better or worse, people stayed away from Maldonado because they knew he was a crash waiting to happen. Perhaps other drivers are trying to take advantage of his lack of overall experience and push him around. Don't really know yet, it's too early, but the difference between Stroll as an 18 year old and Verstappen as an 18 year old in F1 is quite contrasting.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:34 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro911

- Nice of Lewis to bring his friend, DJ Steve Aoki, to a race to cheer him on. With that in mind, I think every time they panned to the guy he was looking at his phone. If you know nothing about horses but are invited to the Kentucky Derby, I'm guessing you'd still find a way to jump to off Instagram long enough to watch some of the action.
+1 There are plenty of folks - especially younger ones - for whom that pass would be a lifetime dream.

Originally Posted by JTT
Really? I'm not yet a Stroll fan but seemed pretty clear cut to me that Carlos drove straight into the side of him, torpedo style. Stewarts saw it the same way and have penalized Carlos.
+1
Old 04-17-2017, 08:55 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Sainz tried to pass under braking while coming out of the pits; complete dumbass move.

Quick Reply: F1 Bahrain Grand Prix -