Sponsored by:

Virtual Track Walks with Peter Krause and Ross Bentley

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 08:16 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Virtual Track Walks with Peter Krause and Ross Bentley

Just wanted to say I only have Watkins Glen to date but wow. What a phenomenal job putting these together and what a wonderful resource to have. May I suggest watching them on a treadmill to enhance the "walk" part of the track walk. You will get much further than 3.40 miles by the end!!

In all seriousness, absolutely phenomenal. A different level of track understanding entirely before and after. Much more detail than you would ever pick up watching videos alone.

Peter, don't know if it would be possible but a downloadable and printable track-side "cliff notes" version would be the absolute kicker. Maybe a page per corner showing an image or two from the videos and some notes. You and Ross already have the content, just something we can keep with us to review and study as the need arises.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:44 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,837 Likes on 1,671 Posts

Paul, thanks for the kind words. It's been a challenge to edit it down to less than a few hours! But I will be on the treadmill tomorrow to test the next few. <grin>

It's been a lot more interesting, illuminating and thought provoking than we both thought it would be. Our plan is to have between fifteen and twenty North American tracks up by the end of the summer. We like the aspect of it being platform independent and on-demand. We've also spoken about having a track-specific (and, perhaps event-specific) live Q&A just for the folks who've purchased access to these virtual track walks.

At the VIR webinar we did together last Spring, more than 200 people signed up, shocking us both. This reinforced to us that this information is needed and that our unique perspective and presentation is useful and valuable. Ross is flying in for a few days to do several more together at my VIR Driver Development Studio before we both get busy again with historics, Trans-Am, World Challenge and the 12-Hour. I'll certainly forward this on and we'll see what we can do.

I know we want to offer broad resources, not just the virtual track walks alone.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Is there a link to these so we can see them or is it something that's available for purchase?
Old 02-23-2017, 10:21 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

https://speedsecrets.com/virtual-track-walks/

Facebook Post
Old 02-23-2017, 11:02 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Ross and Peter are providing a ton of insider knowledge at a very reasonable price. I like how I can retain the information and refer to it as I need it. Not always so easy when we do a real-world track walk (which are also valuable).
I have already used the VIR version and bought (but not yet reviewed) the WGI version.
Really looking forward to that.
Well done, Ross and Peter.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

How do I save the video on my iPad? Right now, I opened it with Safari.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:55 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I'll find out, Rick.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:52 PM
T&T Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 336 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
Ross and Peter are providing a ton of insider knowledge at a very reasonable price. I like how I can retain the information and refer to it as I need it. Not always so easy when we do a real-world track walk (which are also valuable).
I have already used the VIR version and bought (but not yet reviewed) the WGI version.
Really looking forward to that.
Well done, Ross and Peter.
+100, Purchased and reviewed the WGI virtual track walk...well done, Peter and Ross share lots of "little gems" that the price of the video becomes virtually less than a Starbuck's coffee.

I am comparing the Peter and Ross "best practices " with Peter Argetsinger's video and data driving my Porsche 944 to plan my strategy for lowering WGI 2017 lap times.

I believe that the Peter and Ross shared gems should be considered in context with the DE expectations for DEer's who are traversing the path to the ultimate black group. There are differences of expectations between those racing vs DE. I believe Peter and Ross are racers.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:54 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

The wonderful thing about this sport is that it is the individual that sets the expectations, balanced against acceptable risk. <grin>

The "best practices" that Ross and I have observed collectively (and in our experience yield the best, most consistent results) are platform independent and driver objective independent.

We want to be inclusive, and we try hard to present this information in such a way it will be equally useful to the blue/white/black/red DE, track day, club racer and all the way up to the entry level pro.

We do our best to present ONE consistent message and method, albeit from different and equally valuable perpectives, because we don't believe in learning one way, then unlearning that way to learn the "fast" way. <very big grin>

Thanks for the kind words and GOOD LUCK! Argy is a GEM. Have shared many a good glass of red, and his wife is a peach!
Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
How do I save the video on my iPad? Right now, I opened it with Safari.
I'll keep checking, but if you have the Dropbox app and an account, I save mine on my iOS device to access later.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:15 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I ended up putting it on my desktop and started watching it this morning.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:15 PM
w00tw00t
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the Laguna Seca one and it is incredible!! Super detailed and useful!!

Please do Thunderhill 3-mile soon!!
Old 02-25-2017, 12:46 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Ross and I are spending the next several days doing four more, with the goal of fifteen to twenty by end of summer. Each one takes between twenty-five (LRP, for example) to forty-five (Elkhart Lake, VIR, Sonoma and COTA) hours to assemble, record and edit.

Certainly a broad North American effort. Fun work, though!

One of the great things is that we can go back and update/fix/correct as we accumulate new data. Big thanks to Qwickrick for providing great information that will help us do that with The Glen presentation.

Race tracks are living things, they change, they mature. So much fun, especially doing it with Ross!
Old 02-25-2017, 06:39 PM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I did the VIR and Road Atlanta track walks, very informative. Request: Please do Roebling Road
Old 02-25-2017, 07:14 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 568 Posts

One more vote for Thunderhill. Will be watching Laguna video next weekend.

Quick Reply: Virtual Track Walks with Peter Krause and Ross Bentley