Sponsored by:

Post Roar Star-Spotting in Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Post Roar Star-Spotting in Daytona

For a variety of race-car related and other reasons, I happened to be in Daytona on part Monday (yesterday) and today. Despite the obvious skill gap, having all suffered awful Saturday weather (I was at Sebring) I felt an Esprit de Corps of sorts...

AND I was surprised at how many racing celeb encounters I had in such a short span of time. The IMSA teams were all over the place!

I saw Jonathan Bomarito in my rear view mirror
(Hehe never ever expected I'd say that in this lifetime!) at the Krispy Kreme turn ... so who cares if it was at a traffic light at the intersection of Nova and Speedway Int Dr.... it still counts!

At dinner (BJs Brewpub) a fresh faced young fellow took the barstool next to me as he waited for two other guys to show up. It was Ryan Briscoe.

Near a gang of Hoosier tire transporter cabs in the parking lot, in evening shadows I saw a kid w a couple of other guys talking logistics: Ricky Taylor.

It was exciting to see them unexpectedly, and outside of the paddock/professional environment.

So if you're in the area this week, keep your eyes up!

Photos:
Jonathan Bomarito
Ryan Briscoe
Ricky Taylor (in this photo he is wearing the same racing suit I own, btw. $100 on eBay, see my pic).
Attached Images     
Old 01-10-2017, 05:21 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Cool!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: Post Roar Star-Spotting in Daytona