Sponsored by:

OT: Nico Rosberg quits

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 09:03 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Sorry to hear this, and I wish you the best with it. I suggest that you check out this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Death-Cancer-.../dp/0374135606
Just read some of the comments. Looks like a book to pick up. Thank you for the tip.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by elp_jc
Most of us have to work because we still don't have enough to comfortably retire. If you're doing that thru a very demanding racing program (which is inherently dangerous, and you could leave a track in a stretcher, or not at all, at the next race), and you already achieved both your financial and racing goals, that's the right time to retire. As mentioned, he could find a less demanding job later on, but for now, nothing wrong to enjoy life while you can. I wish I could have done that. I'm right at that time now at 55, and got hit with a rare cancer that I cannot shake (at least yet), so might not be able to do all the traveling and things I wanted. Oh well. I'd have absolutely done the same as Nico. He could always get a less demanding gig later on and enjoy life and his family now. You never know how life is going to hit you, and when.
ELP, having been around the big C in my family has given me a perspective of life which is remarkably close to your vision. Wish you well in your fight, remember that there is always something worth fighting and living for. Best wishes.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:13 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I don't think there was any intention of getting personal with anyone. You're right, nobody should question NR's retirement? If it was the right thing for him, great for him and his young family.
You're like chief diplomat on this forum, and for that I applaud you. However, the entire raison d'etre for a forum is to discuss viewpoints, and if we didn't question things like this there would be nothing left to talk about (expect exploding engines maybe, and PTS.. and values of cars...).. ok, but aside from all that.. the banter and "gentle" disagreements are entirely desirable.

Having said that, I'm verklempt.. I'll give you topic.
"Is Niko a massive pu$$y, or is Lewis a sore loser?..

Discuss amongst yourselves... (like butta')
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2016, 01:17 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio

Having said that, I'm forclempt.. I'll give you topic.
"Is Niko a massive pu$$y, or is Lewis a sore loser?..

Discuss amongst yourselves...
Yes?
Old 12-07-2016, 01:20 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by elp_jc
Most of us have to work because we still don't have enough to comfortably retire. If you're doing that thru a very demanding racing program (which is inherently dangerous, and you could leave a track in a stretcher, or not at all, at the next race), and you already achieved both your financial and racing goals, that's the right time to retire. As mentioned, he could find a less demanding job later on, but for now, nothing wrong to enjoy life while you can. I wish I could have done that. I'm right at that time now at 55, and got hit with a rare cancer that I cannot shake (at least yet), so might not be able to do all the traveling and things I wanted. Oh well. I'd have absolutely done the same as Nico. He could always get a less demanding gig later on and enjoy life and his family now. You never know how life is going to hit you, and when.
Yet - don't lose that thought it's a battle you have to fight!

Feel free to pm - had 3B not long ago.

Great to see you post.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:26 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I don't think there was any intention of getting personal with anyone. You're right, nobody should question NR's retirement? If it was the right thing for him, great for him and his young family.
All good.

Simply feel everything is fair game when there is a level playing field.

Nico left the field - it's time to celebrate his career vs question his decision.

Appreciated!
Old 12-07-2016, 01:50 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Sorry to hear this, and I wish you the best with it. I suggest that you check out this book: https://www.amazon.com/Death-Cancer-.../dp/0374135606
Thank you for your suggestion. And thank you brothers for your good wishes. Yes, will fight until the end... whenever it comes. Not the 'why me?' type, fortunately, so doing great mentally, and feeling good as well. Didn't mean to hijack this thread. Sorry folks. Now back to the subject at hand.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:00 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Old 12-07-2016, 05:00 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

OT but Kimi is a favorite and this is funny:

BWWWOOAAH!!

Old 12-07-2016, 09:10 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

LOL
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Ham looks like Ali G
Old 12-07-2016, 01:15 PM
911dr
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

After 3 championships (which should be 4 as he was clearly robbed in '07) LH is suddenly abusing his equipment. Surely you are reaching.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:26 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,387 Likes on 1,625 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Dude has a 280SL. That makes him alright in my book. Francis.
No more Dicktona stickers for you!

Originally Posted by ELange0322
OK - gonna play devils advocate here and all you an Luigi "Francine". Let me ask this... do you think for 1 second that Mercedes wouldnt have screwed him and dropped his *** for some young hotshot if they had the opportunity and thought they would benefit by a 1/10 of a second ? Of course they would have. I'm a bit shocked that people believe that he owes them more than they would ever give him.
Sure, teams replace people all the time. We got to see that with Kvyat and Verstappen just this year.

But to retire when you just won the WDC is a different story. Its like dating a string of Victoria Secret models and then joining the priesthood!

I'm hoping he takes a few years off, gets his $hit together, and goes racing again. If his wife lets him, that is.
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Guest89
Ham looks like Ali G
Lol
Old 12-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,903 Likes on 2,236 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
But to retire when you just won the WDC is a different story. Its like dating a string of Victoria Secret models and then joining the priesthood!
Or like finally bagging a Victoria Secret model after years of trying and dreaming, then deciding to marry her and get out of the game.

Quick Reply: OT: Nico Rosberg quits