Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring DE Lap Times

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 11:28 AM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Smooth = speed! This is all you need to worry about now, if you try to add too much speed first you could find yourself in a very bad spot and possibly put one of you DE buddies in a bad spot as well.

2.316 in a 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe. Stock, CCB, Michelin SS....(Leased...LOL) The tires were melting and brakes smoking!

RXC ....teens
Old 11-11-2016, 09:36 PM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 75 Posts

Agree with smooth first and build up speed by reviewing your data. Strive for consistency in putting the car where you want it.

For 991 GT3 at Sebring class K record is 2:19.44
My PB in my stock GT3 is 2:24.4, always room for improvement. I work on increasing speed but not losing smoothness. I don't expect to be at class record at a DE. Also not expecting a call from Porsche offering me a seat in 911/912.

Carmen
Old 11-12-2016, 11:47 AM
ElusiveDaveH
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
GTB2 is not the right class to compare to for you. Your car in its current configuration fitted with Hoosier R7s would be classed in Stock I with minimum weight being close to stock weight. That track record was set this year and is 2:20.xxx, most likely by a Pro Racer. The good guys at the head of the grid in Stock I run sub 2:25 times. Get a data system and put a pro in the car and then figure out where the pro is faster than you by comparing data - that's a great way to figure out where your areas of improvement are.
Thank you, Frank for the correction. It wasn't clear in the rules until you look into the allowable weights that the 2014 Cayman slots in Stock I. In shaving 4 seconds-at least I feel it's do-able to get closer to 2:25 with pro instruction and data analysis.

Peter (ProCoach): No worries- I did not misinterpret your post as criticism. I have been reading this site for many years before joining and highly respect your opinion and how much you have helped others progress in this hobby/sport.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:35 AM
Mass_K
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CDinSing
Agree with smooth first and build up speed by reviewing your data. Strive for consistency in putting the car where you want it.

For 991 GT3 at Sebring class K record is 2:19.44
My PB in my stock GT3 is 2:24.4, always room for improvement. I work on increasing speed but not losing smoothness. I don't expect to be at class record at a DE. Also not expecting a call from Porsche offering me a seat in 911/912.

Carmen
I was running mid 2:18s earlier this month at Chin Track Days. There was a little bit more through turn 1 but I did not feel comfortable being on edge there in a street car. But the car is capable of low 2:18s.

Quick Reply: Sebring DE Lap Times