Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's involved in a dealership brake flush?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 07:06 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I'm keeping an open mind. I'll have a conversation with the tech in the spring to find out about how he did it.

If I thought they ripped me off I'd have posted the video publicly and cried foul. That wasn't my intention here. I just wanted opinions based on the experience.

I sincerely believe the work was done. I'm just in the dark as to HOW it was done.
Its a NAFTA thing which will be explained in the new year when the new administration will be in place.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:00 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
I dunno dude...all the evidence you have is contrary to the work being done.
Yeah. I'm not disagreeing with that.

I'm just an eternal optimist and am hoping for the best, which would be a rational explanation of how it was done despite all evidence.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:04 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Series
I like how everyone is talking about the Motive bleeder. Real mechanics use a machine that can send fluid through the whole system at once.
A quick google search shows a machine like this. The note also says you can do a flush in 10min. I'm sure there is a machine for the dual valves on each caliper. Also, Porsche probably turbo charged the machines the dealers use

http://www.toolpan.com/Mahle-BFX-2--...FZJMDQodenMNzQ
So they hooked this machine up magically during the 7 minutes of missing tape, have a "turbocharged" machine that does it in less time, and then corrected the fluid level.

Its bull****. The dealer is FOS
Old 11-23-2016, 11:10 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Set your camera to never shut down, take it back for a brake fluid flush in the spring. IF they actually do it, time it, then sit down with the "Manager" and explain why you aren't paying.. IF they pull the same BS, get a refund and call the state protection agency that covers auto repair fraud.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:00 PM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

That's a great idea.

Quick Reply: What's involved in a dealership brake flush?