Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

test track

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 04:36 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

it's not a kart track, but Linz seems to know what I'm on to.
It would be brutally physical in a shifter kart.
I was getting off the ground in a few places and tricking the ABS.
Very hard on the car.
I'll still go there on occasion for some quick shake downs though.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:51 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Great place to practice your drifting...... I've raced shifter carts at that RP track but can't imagine driving anything with decent HP, super tight and twisty.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

It's new and that bumpy already??
Old 10-27-2016, 03:44 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure it's so new, but yes; this is the road course at Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ.
Pretty good for me, I was able to swing down there after the Giants game and cut a few laps for a few bucks and be home for dinner.
Very active facility; they were dragging on the strip, racing karts in the lot, practicing Supercross on the stadium track, and Motocross in the woods. A bunch of us on the road course, they've got motorsport pretty well covered. Even a few Monster Trucks lurking.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yes- they started to try and improve the location a few years ago.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:28 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
yes- they started to try and improve the location a few years ago.
The Napps are customers of mine. When they were building it Alex was telling us he was building a road course and I was pretty excited till I saw it.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:29 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 241 Posts

Did they just put asphalt over whatever rocks and roots were on that lot?
Old 10-29-2016, 03:17 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
Not sure it's so new, but yes; this is the road course at Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ.
Pretty good for me, I was able to swing down there after the Giants game and cut a few laps for a few bucks and be home for dinner.
Very active facility; they were dragging on the strip, racing karts in the lot, practicing Supercross on the stadium track, and Motocross in the woods. A bunch of us on the road course, they've got motorsport pretty well covered. Even a few Monster Trucks lurking.
That wall looks frightening.

I would have never guessing E-town would build a road course.

I have been going to the Summer nationals there since 1976.

I would like to try it sometime, does PCA do any events there?
Old 10-31-2016, 12:22 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 330 Likes on 201 Posts

The E-town course has been there for years. Doesn't get much press amongst the trackday crowd for reasons mentioned in this thread. I'd consider using it for a test day. I just looked at the web site, and they seem to have upgraded their program a bit since I last looked. Though it does say in several places "competing in the open track program" (their equivalent to solo track time) . Looks like $125 for 6 hrs of open track time once you are qualified. Not bad for a test day.

Scott
Old 10-31-2016, 03:06 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by stownsen914
The E-town course has been there for years. Doesn't get much press amongst the trackday crowd for reasons mentioned in this thread. I'd consider using it for a test day. I just looked at the web site, and they seem to have upgraded their program a bit since I last looked. Though it does say in several places "competing in the open track program" (their equivalent to solo track time) . Looks like $125 for 6 hrs of open track time once you are qualified. Not bad for a test day.

Scott
Scott
I saw that as well .

It appears that if a person completes the classroom course they offer, you would be good to go, if you didn't have credentials to drive solo.

Having only three full days of track time with a instructor in the car, sure does not make me 100% comfortable racing wheel to wheel.

As mentioned, does it seem by the description of the track, that irrelevant of any instruction, as long as you complete class room you would be racing wheel to wheel?

Old 10-31-2016, 03:38 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 330 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Scott
As mentioned, does it seem by the description of the track, that irrelevant of any instruction, as long as you complete class room you would be racing wheel to wheel?

Looks to me that it's actually closer to DE/trackday rules (passing signals, not competitive per se), though the instruction and advancement requirements might be on the light side compared to what we see in PCA and some other organizations.

I'd consider driving there for a shakedown or test run, but would keep in mind that I would be on track with novices, and drive / take precautions accordingly.

Quick Reply: test track