Sponsored by:

MVP DE??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 03:42 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default MVP DE??

Anybody run with MVP before? What were your impressions on how it is run? I'm eye-balling thier Road Atlanta event in Nov. I've never run there before and would like to take the SM down and learn the track.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:16 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,879 Posts

It's good. I enjoy them and do recommend them. Not very much oversight, but lots of time.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Olemiss540
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
It's good. I enjoy them and do recommend them. Not very much oversight, but lots of time.
This is exactly my experience as well. Signed up for the Nov event already and couldn't be more excited about my first time at Rd Atlanta!

Lots of track time, and serious HP is how I would sum it up. My e36 is the metaphorical BUMP on a log at the MVP events.... hoping for a few lower HP cars at RD atlanta or I will end up driving with my arm fixed out the window.....
Old 10-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,837 Likes on 1,118 Posts

I ran them at cota a while back, good operation. Pretty tight ship.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:53 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I ran them at cota a while back, good operation. Pretty tight ship.
Ditto.

I was in the advanced group running with the Porsche GT Cup racers. Everyone played nice and was very respectful -- even if on the straights I was a moving chicane -- they still abided by the point byes. Although I wore my arm out giving them 3 or 4 at a time :-). I top out at 130 -- they're a little quicker than that!

Mike
Old 10-03-2016, 11:41 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 67 Posts

Solid organization, no complaints.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:47 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

So, would I in the SM, be able to work on learning the track or would I be looking in the review and getting out the way all day?
Old 10-04-2016, 08:36 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,879 Posts

It's your track as much as anyone else's...

There'll be more than one Miata there, I'm sure.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:03 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by CCA
So, would I in the SM, be able to work on learning the track or would I be looking in the review and getting out the way all day?
Like ProCoach said -- it's your track too.

In the right group you'll have plenty of time to learn the track -- but you will also have to be prepared to have one eye on your mirrors.

Lot of nice vehicles head to CoTA.

Conversely, I was driving my Spec 944 at the BMW event -- got 5 point bye's in one lap by the same M3 :-) Something about momentum and HP differences.

When I finally decided he would give me a point by coming out of 11, I carried enough momentum and gave him the lift signal -- He could have easily motored away again -- but he finally "got it". Tucked in behind me (for a rather boring for him I'm sure, back straight), but he was left long behind by the time we rounded the amphitheater.

In short -- lots of cars and drivers of varying capabilities will be out there. I enjoy the track and the facilities no matter what I happen to drag out there.

Mike
Old 10-04-2016, 12:28 PM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I've run with MVP Track Time twice at Atlanta, in June 2014 and November 2015. They have 3 run groups, 6 sessions each day, when I ran with them they had four 20 minute sessions and two 25 minute sessions.

They have instructors available for the novice group, via a sign-up sheet at Mark's trailer. They announce it at the driver meeting and there is a rush, but you can go a few minutes early before the meeting and sign up for a few instructor spots. I really liked Al, 996 Turbo, he is a great instructor, and Dave, BMW driver, and Alex, 996 driver. I can't remember their last names Make sure not to hog the same instructor all day Or they may reassign you.

In the novice group the first session of each day is lead follow with an instructor in the lead car and then 4 cars following.

I may not be able to make it back this November but I will definitely be back with them. For the price I believe it is one of the best track time per dollar out there. Also it was not choked with cars, there was plenty of clear track.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:47 AM
lawdogg149
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there. Hit me up for a ride i can show you the line.

I will be in my new porsche 911 gts. Its white.

Jeremy
Old 10-06-2016, 11:56 AM
zweebach
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

MVP puts on a well run event with plenty of track time. I have done a few of their events. Gotta have patience for the drivers' meeting but that is the case for several organizations.

The structure works well for advanced drivers; as mentioned, there is less oversight for novices.

Quick Reply: MVP DE??