Sponsored by:

FS: SIMPSON HYBRID SPORT "HANS" - Perfect for DE Instructors

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts
Default FS: SIMPSON HYBRID SPORT "HANS" - Perfect for DE Instructors

Lets try this again - While this is ideal for Instructors that have race seats/harnesses in their car but have to hop in and out of a students car with a standard seat belt, it's also the HANS to get if your a DE guy that is just using standard belts and want some H&N protection!

Was $599 + Shipping new, perfect condition with HANS straps, $450 shipped in the Continental US.. Size is Large

http://simpsonraceproducts.com/hybrid/hybrid-sport/

Last edited by Gary R.; 10-13-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:39 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Getting out of racing?
Old 09-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Getting out of racing?
Getting out of Instructing.... no need for 3 point protection.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:59 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Getting out of instructing?.......
Did you get a poor review from a student?
Or you just can't hold your cookies anymore while riding as passenger?
Old 09-30-2016, 09:42 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Getting out of instructing?.......
Did you get a poor review from a student?
Or you just can't hold your cookies anymore while riding as passenger?
Yes. I just don't feel safe on the track with you out there Hurricane K-sa-disch..
Old 09-30-2016, 10:08 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Yes. I just don't feel safe on the track with you out there Hurricane K-sa-disch..
That didn't take very long!
I hope you are buying a hans to replace your simpson.....
Old 09-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

That didn't take very long!
I hope you are buying a hans to replace your simpson.....
Yes, only bought the Simpson Hybrid because it has effectiveness with a standard 3 point belt system and it is as good as any other HANS with a harness system in place.

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

No DE Instructors that want to be safe in a student's (3 point harness) car out there?
Old 10-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

What are you using in the racecar?
Old 10-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
What are you using in the racecar?
Joe - Currently using the Simpson, will go to the simplicity of the Schroth if it sells.. or just continue using it! It's a great setup, just more than I need now that I won't be instructing so I figured I would save someone a few $$$..
Old 10-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Bump for all you West coast dudes or Southern rebels that still have a DE season...
Old 10-14-2016, 03:04 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Lets try this again - While this is ideal for Instructors that have race seats/harnesses in their car but have to hop in and out of a students car with a standard seat belt, it's also the HANS to get if your a DE guy that is just using standard belts and want some H&N protection!

Was $599 + Shipping new, perfect condition with HANS straps, $450 shipped in the Continental US.. Size is Large

http://simpsonraceproducts.com/hybrid/hybrid-sport/
Just to add to the positive side - I have the Simpson hybrid (pro version, perhaps a little lighter only) but sport is fine too. It is very comfortable as noted and works great with pretty much any seat I experienced thus far. Excellent quality as you would expect from Simpson. I originally got it for instructing too but now find it universal in usage.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Craig88951
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary,
Just because you are not going to be instructing doesn't mean you should dump the Hybrid. Why would you want a lower level of protection when you are racing. Required sled testing for SFI certification shows that the Hybrid devices provide the lowest levels of force on your neck in both the head on and 30 degree offset tests. In addition, since it is on your body it provides protection in multiple impact accidents. Furthermore the straps dissipate the forces from the accident instead of transferring them to your chest, possibly causing a secondary injury. Lastly, the low profile design allows easier exit from the vehicle in the case of a fire.
Another point to consider is that you may have to purchase a new seat if your present one is not Hans compatible.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:36 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Craig88951
Gary,
Just because you are not going to be instructing doesn't mean you should dump the Hybrid. Why would you want a lower level of protection when you are racing. Required sled testing for SFI certification shows that the Hybrid devices provide the lowest levels of force on your neck in both the head on and 30 degree offset tests. In addition, since it is on your body it provides protection in multiple impact accidents. Furthermore the straps dissipate the forces from the accident instead of transferring them to your chest, possibly causing a secondary injury. Lastly, the low profile design allows easier exit from the vehicle in the case of a fire.
Another point to consider is that you may have to purchase a new seat if your present one is not Hans compatible.
I don't think I was clear and I appreciate your concern but I have no intention of getting in my car without a HANS device on (I've had one since 2007 I believe). The added complexity of strapping on the Simpson Hybrid is not needed as I bought it ONLY for my time as a DE Instructor to be protected in studen't cars with no 5-6 point harnesses. It replaced a HANS Pro at the time, and since i've decided to no longer instruct at DE's the 3 point harness protection it added is no longer needed so I want to go back to a standard HANS for the simplicity and ease of putting it on. Just a matter of convenience, if it doesn't sell it will be my 2017 setup.. As for the HANS vs. Hybrid, I feel perfectly safe in a regular HANS in my Halo seat.

I did send it out to someone for fit and as a Large size you need a 46" max chest and you must have a neck for it to fit.. sorry David, had to!
It fit me perfectly and I have a 46" chest, and am right about 6' 215 lb. before lunch..
Old 10-24-2016, 04:43 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

...... I have a 46" chest, and am right about 6' 215 lb. before lunch..
This ain't Match.com ova here......

Quick Reply: FS: SIMPSON HYBRID SPORT "HANS" - Perfect for DE Instructors