Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Formula 1 sold again...

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN1190LI
Old 09-07-2016, 08:29 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Until Bernie is in the ground I don't think anything will change.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:45 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Until Bernie is in the ground I don't think anything will change.
Shocked!!!!! SHOCKED I SAY!!!!!

Bernie selling F1 yet still in charge.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

LOL
Attached Images  
Old 09-09-2016, 10:28 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,477 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Isn't it ironic that F1 has been sold before, but Bernie is always running the show??? CVC before and now Liberty media -- he says he will work for the next 3 years.

This guy is like a post nuclear cockroach, he just will not die. Everytime someone has the crosshairs on him, he seems to escape. Remember the criminal bribery trial in Germany, where everyone said he was definitely going to jail? How ironic that Bernie just had to pay $100m to get out of the "bribery" case and walk... I've seen this movie too many times with the ending always being the same... Bernie always wins....
Old 09-09-2016, 10:43 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Old 09-09-2016, 10:58 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^^ So why should we continue to watch??? Sad, because I used to love following F1...
Old 09-09-2016, 01:00 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CFGT3
^^^ So why should we continue to watch??? Sad, because I used to love following F1...
I put it all at the feet of the FiA. They are on their knees in front of the Enviornmentalists doing anything to please them. Their ******* stupid rules are killing a Motorsport to please a group that by their nature hate motor sports because it, according to their mantra, is killing the planet.

How to fix F1?

Keep it simple.
Keep it competitive.
Keep the cockroaches from over regulating the sport.
Remember the past when you had a very high chance of dying.
Remember the Post Apocalypse Cockroach did help to keep F1 safer and profitable.

Push the cockroach to have somebody ready to take over and fight the blood sucking leaches.....err......the FiA from killing a sport that by it's innovations has saved countless lives by offering a safer car.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 239 Posts

Weekend at Bernie"s. He will continue to run/ruin F1 even after he dies.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:21 AM
DeanClevername
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
I put it all at the feet of the FiA. They are on their knees in front of the Enviornmentalists doing anything to please them. Their ******* stupid rules are killing a Motorsport to please a group that by their nature hate motor sports because it, according to their mantra, is killing the planet.
Trying to remember the rationale, but I think I recall the FiA was desperately trying to keep F1 relevant to road car manufacturers in order to keep them in the sport. Road regs are pushing manufacturers to find extreme gains in fuel efficiency, so the FiA updated regs to try and create a more direct connection between F1 and this.

I don't see the FiA's regs as capitulating to environmentalists, but rather the big manufacturers who keep the sport alive. In principle this is not necessarily a bad thing, unfortunately the FiA completely bungled the implementation.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

The hypocrisy in F1 is mind boggling. Every major and minor figure in the sport--drivers, agents, team principals, team management, PR people, handlers, and FIA executives--all fly to every venue in separate private jets...just so they can save 4 liters of race fuel on track.

And this doesn't even include the dozens of enormous 747-size cargo jets that move the circus and each team from venue to venue.

It's ridiculous and has ruined the racing as Alonso and Hamilton allude to...
Old 09-10-2016, 01:11 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DeanClevername
Trying to remember the rationale, but I think I recall the FiA was desperately trying to keep F1 relevant to road car manufacturers in order to keep them in the sport. Road regs are pushing manufacturers to find extreme gains in fuel efficiency, so the FiA updated regs to try and create a more direct connection between F1 and this.

I don't see the FiA's regs as capitulating to environmentalists, but rather the big manufacturers who keep the sport alive. In principle this is not necessarily a bad thing, unfortunately the FiA completely bungled the implementation.
Perhaps mandating fuel savings to F1 will have trickle down affect on road cars, the question is "is F1 the right place to implement it"? Afterall, we've seen organic developments from F1 that have trickled down to road cars, most recently the double clutch gearboxes and vast improvements the tire manufacturers dating back to the Michelin and Bridgestone days.

Hybrid systems were already in place on the road long before they were mandated in F1. Thermal efficiency has improved in F1 cars, but don't see that happening on the road or at least not yet.

The bottom line is if no one watches or cares about F1 because of the forced mandates, will F1 continue to exist? If a sport can't keep the more hardcore fans, how do they expect the casual fan to care? When you're best and highly visible drivers are complaining, including one that has all the regs and advantages over the entire field and is winning WDC, that has to tell you something and how F'ed up F1 is right now.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:21 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I miss the pre 2009 era F1. I have no interest in these extremely complex hybrid drivetrains in addition to no refueling and terrible tires. As mentioned they need to make the cars lighter which means they need to reintroduce refueling.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:15 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
The hypocrisy in F1 is mind boggling. Every major and minor figure in the sport--drivers, agents, team principals, team management, PR people, handlers, and FIA executives--all fly to every venue in separate private jets...just so they can save 4 liters of race fuel on track.

And this doesn't even include the dozens of enormous 747-size cargo jets that move the circus and each team from venue to venue.

It's ridiculous and has ruined the racing as Alonso and Hamilton allude to...
Let me ask, would you want to be on the same plane as these Massholes like Bernie? Riccardo yes but others....
Old 09-11-2016, 12:31 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

When they got rid of refueling they got rid of racing. With refueling the teams could decide to go for it and take a longer fuel stop.

Fixing F1 is really easy - Let them drive!

Quick Reply: Formula 1 sold again...