Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ClubRacing in Washington or Oregon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:10 AM
seanseidman
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ClubRacing in Washington or Oregon?

I just moved to Kelowna, BC and would love to continue to clubrace. Does anyone have any idea how to move toward future races in BC, Washington and Oregon?
Old 07-20-2016, 03:24 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, Sean, just sent you a private message.

You owe it to yourself to check out Ridge Motorsports Park in WA. It's a long tow from here (and in the middle of nowhere without many amenities) but the track is new, and one of the most fun I've driven.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:45 PM
seanseidman
Pro

Thanks Charlie. The tracks out here look great. PIR, Ridge, ORP, Pacific Raceway but no Clubracing.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:08 PM
JGB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
None of the PCA regions in BC, Washington or Oregon do club races. Nearest is probably Thunderhill in California. Oregon SCCA does list a regional class for PCA classes, not sure about NW SCCA. I think NASA has bailed on the Pacific NW
The local clubs, CACC/SCCBC and ICSCC usually have a "run what you brung" class of some sort. ICSCC runs at the tracks you listed , SCCBC runs at Mission BC.
Have you checked out Area 27 in Osoyoss? . I think they at the paving stage right now. Layout looks a lot better than the track that was just open here on the Island.

Jim
Old 07-21-2016, 01:44 AM
seanseidman
Pro

Hi Jim,
I have checked out area 27. It looks fabulous, but am not interested in joining. I hope they follow other private tracks (Monticello) and open up to outside groups.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:47 AM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I live in Seattle and now a member of PCA Golden Gate. A great club based in Norcal. Cant say enough good things about them. i am new to Club Racing and really like it. The Spec Boxter is the weapon of choice. I have a few 944's and rent a garage at Thunderhill and fly down. Join us for the September 3-4th and then we are heading to Utah Motorsports Campus Sept 16-18th. Let me know if I can be any help
Old 07-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Eric_k
Rennlist Member

There is a lot of good club racing in the NW. ICSCC has the biggest grids by far and run a championship that covers the 6 tracks in the NW. By being a regional group of clubs, ICSCC does not have national presence and is likely why you haven't heard of it.

http://icscc.com/season.php

I race with ICSCC and enjoy it, there are all kinds of different cars (lots of BMWs) and friendly people.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Eric_k
Rennlist Member

There is a ICSCC race at Pacific Raceways this weekend, if you want to check it out. There is also the Rose Cup races next weekend in Portland.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:38 AM
seanseidman
Pro

I will check out icscc for sure. I appreciate all of your feedback. Any idea where a spec Boxster would line up in icscc? Lots of e30 BMW's (pro3) from what I see on YouTube
Old 07-22-2016, 01:26 PM
Eric_k
Rennlist Member

ICSCC does not currently have a class where a Spec Boxster would be competitive. You could run in ST, ITE or SPM. I haven't seen any boxsters racing in the NW, although one is being prepped for ST. That said, ICSCC is driven by the drivers so if you can find a few like minded people that want to race spec boxster, a spec boxster class could be added. That is how Pro3 (e30s) started and it is quite popular now. I believe SCCBC also runs a Mission Raceways only race series that has some different classes.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:50 PM
seanseidman
Pro

Thanks Eric. This is very helpful.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:50 PM
seanseidman
Pro

Originally Posted by autosea
I live in Seattle and now a member of PCA Golden Gate. A great club based in Norcal. Cant say enough good things about them. i am new to Club Racing and really like it. The Spec Boxter is the weapon of choice. I have a few 944's and rent a garage at Thunderhill and fly down. Join us for the September 3-4th and then we are heading to Utah Motorsports Campus Sept 16-18th. Let me know if I can be any help
thanks for your kind offer
My engine blew running HOD at ORP

I have to decide between ICSCC and PCA in NOR CAL-to be honest, with 3 kids at home, NORCAl is biting off more than I can chew re time, money.
would however, love to run Laguna Seca sometime!
Old 08-05-2016, 04:52 PM
seanseidman
Pro

Originally Posted by Eric_k
There is a ICSCC race at Pacific Raceways this weekend, if you want to check it out. There is also the Rose Cup races next weekend in Portland.
Have been working in the Northeast, and my engine blew at ORP.
How did the races go?
Old 08-08-2016, 11:18 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

That's me building the Boxster for ICSCC ST, it's the white car in my avatar. It's a 2001 986S and I should have her out there first thing next year. She's fully caged and the motor is pretty much done, just have to get it installed and wired up. And about 100 other things on the list But it's nowhere near a Spec Box, it has a big old CF wing and lightweight top, plus JRZ's, RSS arms, etc. It should be quite fun... somewhat similar to Eric Oviatt's car.

I've been running with ICSCC since 2006 and I am an instructor in Portland with Cascade Sports Car Club (one of the ICSCC clubs). It's a great club to run with and as Eric K said, probably the best car counts around for club racing.

You could also look into something like Lucky Dog or WRL. Better driving than crapcans in general and some great opportunity to get racing track time at events around the PacNW. I'll be driving a Camaro at the ORP race next month.

Welcome to the region, look forward to meeting you in the future!
Old 08-08-2016, 11:30 PM
seanseidman
Pro

Originally Posted by schwank
That's me building the Boxster for ICSCC ST, it's the white car in my avatar. It's a 2001 986S and I should have her out there first thing next year. She's fully caged and the motor is pretty much done, just have to get it installed and wired up. And about 100 other things on the list But it's nowhere near a Spec Box, it has a big old CF wing and lightweight top, plus JRZ's, RSS arms, etc. It should be quite fun... somewhat similar to Eric Oviatt's car. I've been running with ICSCC since 2006 and I am an instructor in Portland with Cascade Sports Car Club (one of the ICSCC clubs). It's a great club to run with and as Eric K said, probably the best car counts around for club racing. You could also look into something like Lucky Dog or WRL. Better driving than crapcans in general and some great opportunity to get racing track time at events around the PacNW. I'll be driving a Camaro at the ORP race next month. Welcome to the region, look forward to meeting you in the future!
That Boxster sounds like it will be a blast to drive.
Please use this forum as a place to update upcoming races in the PNW. I'd love to see your video footage from ORP in the Camaro. I look forward to meeting you.

Quick Reply: ClubRacing in Washington or Oregon?