Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racer Medical Examination Irony

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 05:39 PM
John Milne
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As one of the senior drivers, I am required to have a physical yearly. The fact that most insurances allow only one physical exam per year means I have to wait past the arbitrary cut off date of my year of eligibility before getting my renewal physical. This causes me to rush around and try to schedule a physical during a short window of time.

I would like to see the physical be good for 13 months. This would give us older drivers a month to get our physical and not be unable to drive and possibly miss a race.

Is this something that could be considered? Would a rule change proposal be the way to request this change?
Old 04-30-2016, 06:16 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes it would. Having a few well respected Docs endorsing this change would be a help. Personally I think 13 months makes sense.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by John Milne
As one of the senior drivers, I am required to have a physical yearly. The fact that most insurances allow only one physical exam per year means I have to wait past the arbitrary cut off date of my year of eligibility before getting my renewal physical.
Is that how your insurance is worded? Mine says "One exam per calendar year", so I could have an exam in December and another the following January and both would still be covered.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:47 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Besides the medical form, how about the stupid form?
Lucky for you its not required... because you would fail it.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:32 PM
John Milne
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checked with my Ins provider (Aetna) and my policy uses actual 12 month year to year cut-off as opposed to a calendar year. The policy does allow the physical to be taken up to 30 days prior to the anniversary date of the previous physical. This helps, but now I am having a 11 month physical each year.

There are probably other policies that have different rules, so a little flexibility fro PCA would be nice.

Quick Reply: Racer Medical Examination Irony