Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E36 M3 vs 986 Boxster S for DE

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 04:14 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Saw that this morning on the Weather Channel....living in Buffalo I feel for you guys. Right now it's 71 and sunny (sorry).......very similar to San Diego (visited often when my brother lived there).
Old 04-17-2016, 07:03 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 353 Posts

Well I was bored so I took my snow blower and blew away the snow behind the trailer. Then cleaned up the car, knocked all the ice I could reach off the trailer deck, took a deep breath and got the car off the trailer and into my garage!

Woohoo!

Trailer isn't moving for a few more days tho, gotta wait for the snow to melt before I can get it back into my storage space, which will be a complete mud bog I'm sure.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:41 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Well it's been snowing here the last three days. Awesome spring weather in the Rockies! Took some time to get the rest of the tasks done on the car.

I replaced the starter as the bendix was bad on the old one, making starting a hit and miss thing. I also had the headliner redone so it's no longer sagging and flapping in the breeze. Then yesterday was graphics day. I think they came out pretty well, the motorsport flag pattern looks pretty good against the silver.

Next up is oil change and start working on replacing the cooling system...

Name:  Graphics%20On_zpsydujispj.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  128.2 KB
Old 05-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Olemiss540
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 187 Posts

Thanks for the update! Would you mind starting a new thread and putting your updates in there? Very interested in how your build progresses, and it is definitely worthy of its own thread!

Originally Posted by docwyte
Well it's been snowing here the last three days. Awesome spring weather in the Rockies! Took some time to get the rest of the tasks done on the car.

I replaced the starter as the bendix was bad on the old one, making starting a hit and miss thing. I also had the headliner redone so it's no longer sagging and flapping in the breeze. Then yesterday was graphics day. I think they came out pretty well, the motorsport flag pattern looks pretty good against the silver.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:08 PM
noturavgm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you pull the E36 with the GX470 (if my eyes don't deceive me) in the pic? If yes, opinions?
Old 05-02-2016, 11:14 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

The Gx470 is my wife's car, I have a '06 Cayenne Turbo S that I use to tow with. The Cayenne tows like a dream, plenty of power, very stable.

I've never towed with the GX although I suspect it would do fine. I think it's rated for more weight than the cayenne and has air suspension like the cayenne.

I can tell you that between driving the two on the street I much prefer the cayenne. The GX drives like a truck and feels very heavy and ponderous.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:42 AM
noturavgm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you that between driving the two on the street I much prefer the cayenne. The GX drives like a truck and feels very heavy and ponderous.
Yeah the GX is just a gussied up 4Runner. Body on frame.

Quick Reply: E36 M3 vs 986 Boxster S for DE