Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Motorsports track will finally open this summer.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 07:44 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Club Motorsports track will finally open this summer.......

http://clubmotorsports.com

Any insiders here?

it seems like a phenomenal venue.......

Have any clubs booked any events there yet?

Last edited by BostonDMD; 02-25-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:48 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Paolo
Is this the track up in Tamworth, NH?

Last edited by SWK6Cup; 02-25-2016 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-25-2016, 08:23 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,837 Likes on 1,671 Posts

Yes.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-25-2016, 08:29 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

As the coach said, it is.....
Old 02-25-2016, 11:05 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not an insider. I don't know how much information the track has shared publicly or privately. But I do know that some car clubs in the northeast have tentatively scheduled dates at the track pending the completion of the remaining construction work. To my knowledge, those dates are all in late summer or early fall.

There are videos of people driving the track in rally cars this past fall and winter. I've talked with one of them, an experienced driver, who raved about it. Tamworth is located in New Hampshire, roughly 2-1/2 hours north of Boston.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

They finally blasted their way through T10/T11 rock ledge last summer and finished final grading in the fall. It's all set for paving as soon as weather permits.

Drove full track last fall. It will be one of the best tracks in the country.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Same distance as Watkins Glen for me... i'll wait for Ron's "Insiders" video.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:46 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 76 Posts

They are pretty active with updates on their Facebook page.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Video with Jason Cammisa from Motor Trend in a rally car

Old 03-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 204 Posts

It'll be interesting to see how this goes. It's got geographical appeal to me.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:19 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

Pumped to drive this track....

Old 04-24-2016, 11:36 AM
Zax65
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am adding to a month old thread. I drove CM last weekend (more correctly, was driven on it) and I promptly joined. They required a small deposit which was smaller than the delta between pre-paved and post-paved track initiation- so I figure I risk 2K to save 5k. It looks close enough to paving that I felt that risk was justified. It is also the second most local track to me, 1hr 15 minutes door to door. I know this place has had infinite delays; the neighbors had succeeded in placing many roadblocks. That being said, it looks like we may be able to turn first laps in fall. I love Palmer and Lime Rock, (in fact, I drove Palmer two days ago!) but this place has a different feel. There is 250 ft of vertical change, but 700 ft of elevation change per lap because of the numerous up and downs. The views are spectacular. The runoff looks better than Palmer, so the track looks more forgiving in case of mishap. It will definitely reward HP and finesse, as coming out of low speed turn five you enter a pretty steep uphill climb that will kill momentum cars and punish turbo cars if you choose the wrong gear. There will also be a kart track for the kiddos(looks too short to me) and a pool by the clubhouse if your family wants to accompany you and do other things will you race. It is a good time to be a high performance driving enthusiast in New England!
Old 04-24-2016, 11:42 AM
noturavgm
Racer

The track gods keep smiling upon the Northeast. New circuits popping up like clockwork.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zax65
I am adding to a month old thread. I drove CM last weekend (more correctly, was driven on it) and I promptly joined. They required a small deposit which was smaller than the delta between pre-paved and post-paved track initiation- so I figure I risk 2K to save 5k. It looks close enough to paving that I felt that risk was justified. It is also the second most local track to me, 1hr 15 minutes door to door. I know this place has had infinite delays; the neighbors had succeeded in placing many roadblocks. That being said, it looks like we may be able to turn first laps in fall. I love Palmer and Lime Rock, (in fact, I drove Palmer two days ago!) but this place has a different feel. There is 250 ft of vertical change, but 700 ft of elevation change per lap because of the numerous up and downs. The views are spectacular. The runoff looks better than Palmer, so the track looks more forgiving in case of mishap. It will definitely reward HP and finesse, as coming out of low speed turn five you enter a pretty steep uphill climb that will kill momentum cars and punish turbo cars if you choose the wrong gear. There will also be a kart track for the kiddos(looks too short to me) and a pool by the clubhouse if your family wants to accompany you and do other things will you race. It is a good time to be a high performance driving enthusiast in New England!
How many track days do you expect to do there each year? Just curious to know the economic justification for membership.

I was at Palmer two days ago, too. What were you driving?
Old 04-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Zax65
Advanced

I had this:

I was doing a shakedown after making some mods over the winter. I saw your car, it is beautiful...sorry we didn't get a chance to talk.

I am hoping to get up to that track as often as I can when I am not SCCA racing, 15-20 times a season is the goal. I think when they build the clubhouse, with the pool and the proximity to North Conway for shopping, I may be able to entice my wife and kids to make an occasional showing. Are you close to Palmer?

Quick Reply: Club Motorsports track will finally open this summer.......