Sponsored by:

Confessions of a F1 team boss

Old 02-17-2016, 11:54 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,865 Likes on 1,706 Posts
Default Confessions of a F1 team boss

Eventually the truth comes out and I only wish these guys would write a book instead of taking it to their graves.

Alonso has a history of shooting himself in the foot....
Former Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo says Fernando Alonso had a "demotivating" effect on the outfit in 2014, hastening its desire to sign Sebastian Vettel from Red Bull.

Alonso fought for the title until the last race in 2010 and 2012 but his most recent Grand Prix victory came at the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix, as Ferrari produced a 2014 car which could not compete at the front of the field.

Montezemolo, who departed as President in October 2014, has put across his belief that Alonso's attitude did not have a positive impact on Ferrari during a difficult year.

"I had the feeling that Fernando has got it into his mind that he could never win with Ferrari," Montezemolo explained in an interview with Motorsport magazine.

"And that if he was in a Mercedes, he could win with one hand and this was very demotivating for everyone.

"Let me be clear: I believe Alonso is probably the best driver in the world even today – certainly on a Sunday. Maybe not in qualifying, where I think [Lewis] Hamilton and Vettel are maybe faster over one lap, but in the race he is unbelievable – a machine.

"But we needed motivation and it made me think what we needed for the future.

"I recalled that when I was trying to convince Michael [Schumacher] to return to use after Felipe [Massa's] injury in 2009, he was saying 'the guy you need for the future is Vettel'."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Confessions of a F1 team boss