Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Why I bought a Stilo

I said BRAKE !
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2016, 09:41 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I've been wearing mine around the house to break it in. Think I need to tweak the cheek pad size and it's going to be golden. Planning a karting event just to have an excuse to use it.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

That's all good and well, but sounds like it's your student that needs the Stilo, not you.

All you'll hear is a resonant, stereo amplified "Jesus take the wheel" prior to impact.

Just an observation.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:34 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,440 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
I said BRAKE !
Common complaint with the Stilos is that their microphones aren't too great. I just paid $200 at Sebring a few days ago to have my mike replaced because everyone complained that I sounded like I was underwater.

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
I've been wearing mine around the house to break it in. Think I need to tweak the cheek pad size and it's going to be golden. Planning a karting event just to have an excuse to use it.
Last year I used my brand new Stilo at Sebring for the fist time. I wore it around the house to break it in but neglected to wear it with the balaclava that I normally use. I have a beard so it is a requirement.

You would be surprised how much of a difference that thin layer of material makes when you are wearing a balaclava so make sure you are wearing that as well if you use one.

Had a look at the new Roux helmets at Sebring. They all come "fully loaded" with drink tube, electronics, and water cooling. The only option is top air cooling.

I love my Stilo but will definitely look at at the Roux when the time comes.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:11 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
I've been wearing mine around the house to break it in.
Go mow the lawn.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:37 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Common complaint with the Stilos is that their microphones aren't too great. I just paid $200 at Sebring a few days ago to have my mike replaced because everyone complained that I sounded like I was underwater.Last year I used my brand new Stilo at Sebring for the fist time. I wore it around the house to break it in but neglected to wear it with the balaclava that I normally use. I have a beard so it is a requirement.

You would be surprised how much of a difference that thin layer of material makes when you are wearing a balaclava so make sure you are wearing that as well if you use one.

Had a look at the new Roux helmets at Sebring. They all come "fully loaded" with drink tube, electronics, and water cooling. The only option is top air cooling.

Ditto

Racing radios replaced my mic and my crew says they can hear me crystal clear now.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

what replacement microphone ? . Stilo also had an upgrade? Is that what you did?
Old 02-11-2016, 10:16 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 756 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Common complaint with the Stilos is that their microphones aren't too great. I just paid $200 at Sebring a few days ago to have my mike replaced because everyone complained that I sounded like I was underwater.

Last year I used my brand new Stilo at Sebring for the fist time. I wore it around the house to break it in but neglected to wear it with the balaclava that I normally use. I have a beard so it is a requirement.

Can you tell me about Roux? I am intrigued by them, but nobody has pricing anywhere listed.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 02-11-2016, 10:34 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

You can upgrade the stilo electronics - we normally do the standard rally electronixs for $135 but they do offer different mic kits. Haven't had complaints on mics from our customers.

AE0110 Rally Boom Electronics - earmuff loudspeakers - noise cancelling magnetic-dynamic BOOM mic 149.00
AE0210 Rally Electronics - earmuff loudspeakers - noise cancelling magnetic-dynamic mic 135.00
AE0212 Rally Electronics - earmuff loudspeakers - noise cancelling GENTEX magnetic-dynamic mic 215.00

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 02-11-2016, 10:36 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Roux Helmets

Originally Posted by naroescape
Can you tell me about Roux? I am intrigued by them, but nobody has pricing anywhere listed.
They are telling us they expect them "spring" 2016. Price will be determined once they know their landed cost here to the states.

No idea on how they will fit compared to other brands but they will offer a bunch of extra goodies no other helmet manufacturers offer right now.

We will be announcing when the helmets are available and pricing as soon as we hear from Roux - will announce on Rennlist, our FB page and email newsletter. Stay tuned!
Old 02-11-2016, 10:45 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 756 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
They are telling us they expect them "spring" 2016. Price will be determined once they know their landed cost here to the states.

No idea on how they will fit compared to other brands but they will offer a bunch of extra goodies no other helmet manufacturers offer right now.

We will be announcing when the helmets are available and pricing as soon as we hear from Roux - will announce on Rennlist, our FB page and email newsletter. Stay tuned!
Thanks Linda/Clark! I was planning to give you a call at some point about them anyway
Old 02-11-2016, 10:51 AM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Gofish,

Your chin strap looks frayed. Stilo had to replace mine... much better now with a thicker more robust coating.

Keep an eye on your strap. Apparently not too uncommon.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:56 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RJFabCab
Gofish,

Your chin strap looks frayed. Stilo had to replace mine... much better now with a thicker more robust coating.

Keep an eye on your strap. Apparently not too uncommon.
The new straps are red, I think, and won't unravel. I went thru many of the yellow. Stilo service was good. All replaced for free.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:46 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,440 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
I heard that they are going to retail for around $1200.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marketing 101- Never say your product is coming out in December, then say Spring 2016 (Roux).....Because there will be another delay. Under Promise, over deliver...always.

I'm going to be grabbing a new Stilo From Apex here soon.

Quick Reply: Why I bought a Stilo