Sponsored by:

Servicing Moton ClubSports?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 12:21 AM
XPC5
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
I ended up with John Wagliardo at Inertia Laboratory out of the Dallas area. A new shop run by guys with lots of Moton experience. I have the old 7 click shocks for the 996, not the Cup version. The rebuild is proving to be a challenge given how old the shocks are and the fact that parts are no longer available. A quick recap from John:

Your motons have the old style hoses and QD's that are prone to leaking. The 360* swivels on your set are all leaking. This is common for that old design. The banjos and banjo stems tolerance loosens up over time and leaks pay the orings. The newer design solves this issue.
I've talked to a few of my hose suppliers to see if I could save you some money and reuse your current QD's, but no luck, as Goodridge doesn't make the male end fitting anymore. (The new design has a female fitting)We will have to replace all of the lines and QD's to make the set reliable again.

We talked about simply going with new shocks at this point but I simply don't have the time to test and find new settings at the tracks I go to when I have a book on the existing set-up. So I'll repair this set and get a couple more years out of this set-up before making bigger decisions.
Maxcy Speed here in the Dallas area has a source for some reasonable updated QD and swivel connections and hoses. I am having them installed on my front struts this week so will report back in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Servicing Moton ClubSports?