Sponsored by:

DE Helmet w/ Integrated Electronics / Headset

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 04:29 PM
dgm8138
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DE Helmet w/ Integrated Electronics / Headset

I'm looking for a "budget friendly" full-face helmet that offers integrated electronics. E.G. the Stilo ST4/ST5 are very nice options...but I simply cannot justify the $1000+ price tag on my meager budget. The other option is a quality headset that can be installed in a helmet and then be connected to something like a chatterbox. Can anyone offer recommendations?

FYI Headsets like those included w/chatterbox are simply impossible for me to use because I rely on a cochlear implant to hear and getting that headset on top of my cochlear's microphone/processor is terribly uncomfortable. Plus the chatterbox headset sound quality is awful (to me).

I've also tried Bluetooth motorcycle communicators...the sound quality is not good enough.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:06 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can add communication to any helmet. Look at Racing Radios as an example. The best 'headset' is a custom ear piece but that will not work for you (unless implant is only in 1 ear). They are not cheap, but cheap and quality are usually mutually exclusive. Chatterbox also uses a non-standard connection and it takes some doing to get it to connect to the 'standard' Helmet headsets like these. (I think I got a special adapter to do it when I instructed a few years back).
Old 01-23-2016, 03:18 AM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgm8138
I'm looking for a "budget friendly" full-face helmet that offers integrated electronics. E.G. the Stilo ST4/ST5 are very nice options...but I simply cannot justify the $1000+ price tag on my meager budget. The other option is a quality headset that can be installed in a helmet and then be connected to something like a chatterbox. Can anyone offer recommendations?

FYI Headsets like those included w/chatterbox are simply impossible for me to use because I rely on a cochlear implant to hear and getting that headset on top of my cochlear's microphone/processor is terribly uncomfortable. Plus the chatterbox headset sound quality is awful (to me).

I've also tried Bluetooth motorcycle communicators...the sound quality is not good enough.
I'm also an a tight budget. I can't afford to buy things that don't work.
My Stilo works perfectly.

Quick Reply: DE Helmet w/ Integrated Electronics / Headset