Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJ Folks: Anyone With a Sparco Circuit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 10:47 AM
noturavgm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NJ Folks: Anyone With a Sparco Circuit?

Is anyone in NNJ running a Sparco Circuit (standard size, not the Circuit II)?

Too many crashes of late have me spooked, so I am making the move to a halo seat this season.

The Circuit dimensions sound like they will fit well (slightly tighter than the Evo I currently have), but there are zero distributors around here and I would like to plant my *** in one.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Stable Energies?
Old 01-06-2016, 10:59 AM
noturavgm
Racer

They are not Sparco. Neither is Driving Impressions.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Ah. Didn't know, sorry
Old 01-06-2016, 11:13 AM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

My understanding is that Sparco is walking away from the US market slowly, deeming it to small to address. I have been told this several times in the last year by vendors who have struggled to get product. Many retailers are dropping them as a result. According to Sparco, the European market is big enough for them.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Maybe that explains it, because I recall Sparco product all over the store when I visited Stable in mid September with a woman I was dating at the time .
Old 01-06-2016, 11:35 AM
noturavgm
Racer

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Maybe that explains it, because I recall Sparco product all over the store when I visited Stable in mid September with a woman I was dating at the time .
Interesting. Last time I was in (a little while) they had Sparco stuff but the only seats were Recaro and OMP IIRC. If they have some Sparcos that's excellent. I'll give a ring.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Again, this was like Sept 13 or so . A lot can change...
Old 01-06-2016, 12:35 PM
noturavgm
Racer

No dice. Joe at Stable said they stopped selling Sparco seats a long while ago.

So... anyone have one in their race or track car??
Old 01-06-2016, 03:22 PM
OGRacing
Addict Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mmuller
My understanding is that Sparco is walking away from the US market slowly, deeming it to small to address. I have been told this several times in the last year by vendors who have struggled to get product. Many retailers are dropping them as a result. According to Sparco, the European market is big enough for them.
I don't know who is saying this but it is far from the truth. To small a market, again not true. The USA market is one of their biggest. If the vendors are dealers, not distributors, maybe they need to look for another distributor for their Sparco supply. It's all about commitment to the brand. And OG Racing is more committed to the Sparco brand than any other distributor in this country. Ask any of the rennlist members who are local to us and have been to our location. A lot of times Sparco will call us to see if we can ship seats or suits to a pro team. The problem with buying Sparco at the distributor level is you can't think what you need next week or next month, you have to think 3-6 months out. We (I actually) figured this out 20 years ago when we started selling Sparco. This is what put us at the top spot in Sparco sales. This is also the same thinking that we are using with our newest lines from OMP and Alpine star. Hope this has been informative. And if anyone wants Sparco give us a call or shop online. The site has live inventory, so if it says it's in stock then it is. Any other questions email or call.

Bill
info@ogracing.com

Sparco's Largest Distributor for 28 Years
PFC Distributor for 27 Years
Pagid, Alpinestars, MOMO, OMP, Hawk, Bell, Aim, G-Force, HJC,
HANS, Arai, Simpson, Brey Krause, Longacre, CoolShirt!
Supplying Track Junkies for 34 Years.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor Since 1998

A Veteran Owned Business

Check out our blog!

Old 01-06-2016, 03:43 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When I was looking for a new black Circuit II a couple of years ago, there were none in the country and an uncertian timeline on when they would be available. I looked everywhere and BTW I usually buy all of my safety equipement from OG Racing, excellent service and great prices.

I ended up sourcing a Circuit II through Ebay from a large Spacro distributor in Poland, even with shipping and duty it was cheaper than retail here and that was when the Euro was stronger against the $ than now.

I was a little sceptical about shipping time and condition, I had no reason to worry. The seat showed up less than a week after ordering in perfect condition via the post office.

Hope this helps.

JF
Old 01-06-2016, 04:20 PM
OGRacing
Addict Rennlist
Site Sponsor

And if you don't think there are knock offs of real Sparco and other brands of seats being sold, here's one on Ebay that at first it looks and says it's Sparco until you read the entire listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPARCO-EVO-2...pWY8Qq&vxp=mtr
Old 01-06-2016, 05:05 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by OGRacing
I don't know who is saying this but it is far from the truth. To small a market, again not true. The USA market is one of their biggest. If the vendors are dealers, not distributors, maybe they need to look for another distributor for their Sparco supply. It's all about commitment to the brand. And OG Racing is more committed to the Sparco brand than any other distributor in this country. Ask any of the rennlist members who are local to us and have been to our location. A lot of times Sparco will call us to see if we can ship seats or suits to a pro team. The problem with buying Sparco at the distributor level is you can't think what you need next week or next month, you have to think 3-6 months out. We (I actually) figured this out 20 years ago when we started selling Sparco. This is what put us at the top spot in Sparco sales. This is also the same thinking that we are using with our newest lines from OMP and Alpine star. Hope this has been informative. And if anyone wants Sparco give us a call or shop online. The site has live inventory, so if it says it's in stock then it is. Any other questions email or call.

Bill
I only know what I was told by 2 retailers, but I also could not find the item I was looking for as it was out of stock everywhere (pair of gloves). Decided to change brands which coincided with the spar over gloves I had that fell apart and the driving suit I had that fell apart, both after 2 years of use. Since changing brands I found better items for cheaper from other name brand makes. I decided that Sparco can stay in Europe for all I care, their stuff just wasn't as good as competitors.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:40 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OGRacing
And if you don't think there are knock offs of real Sparco and other brands of seats being sold, here's one on Ebay that at first it looks and says it's Sparco until you read the entire listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPARCO-EVO-2...pWY8Qq&vxp=mtr
I agree, some DD is required when not buying from a trusted source.

The Circuit II fits me perfectly (5' 11", 195 lbs), does Sparco make a Carbon version of the II.

JF
Old 01-06-2016, 07:33 PM
OGRacing
Addict Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 993PET
I agree, some DD is required when not buying from a trusted source.

The Circuit II fits me perfectly (5' 11", 195 lbs), does Sparco make a Carbon version of the II.

JF
They do not.

Bill

Quick Reply: NJ Folks: Anyone With a Sparco Circuit?