2016 F1 Tire rules

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 11:26 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
If I am not mistaken, that rule about the Q2 tire was in effect this past 2015 season. It was to cure the issue of people not totally pushing it in Q3 for a grid position and/or sitting in the garage to save tires for the race.

Perhaps they should decide grid order based on a drinking competition the night before. The hangovers would produce better racing as drivers would make mistakes when the in-helmet vomit distorted their vision.

(Example number 148 of why I have to remain at a private company)
So Kimi as WDC in 2016? There could be none other!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:04 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
So Kimi as WDC in 2016? There could be none other!
Damn... You saw through my clever plan... this would give Ferrari and Kimi both the title.

Totally off topic, but lets do a very light survey here on which team you would like to party/drink with and why.

For me it would be Ferrari. Both Kimi and Vettel seem cool and you know the food and drink would be top quality from the Italian heritage at Ferrari. But in second place would be Mercedes... I would try to promote a dust-up between a drunk Lewis and a tea infused raspberry vodka sipping Rosberg.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:47 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Damn... You saw through my clever plan... this would give Ferrari and Kimi both the title.

Totally off topic, but lets do a very light survey here on which team you would like to party/drink with and why.

For me it would be Ferrari. Both Kimi and Vettel seem cool and you know the food and drink would be top quality from the Italian heritage at Ferrari. But in second place would be Mercedes... I would try to promote a dust-up between a drunk Lewis and a tea infused raspberry vodka sipping Rosberg.
I would put Ferrari at the top because, being an Italian team, I think they would be more "expressive" when they drink.

Mercedes? Well, the Germans do have the reputation of being more reserved so I a not sure they would be in second place.

In the coming year I think I would go with HAAS. Why HAAS? Because I think any success in the first year will be met with raucous celebrations.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:28 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I would put Ferrari at the top because, being an Italian team, I think they would be more "expressive" when they drink.

Mercedes? Well, the Germans do have the reputation of being more reserved so I a not sure they would be in second place.

In the coming year I think I would go with HAAS. Why HAAS? Because I think any success in the first year will be met with raucous celebrations.
All valid points... but the Germans do know how to party. They are not very loud or gregarious... they take a more efficient approach to consumption. If you are talking and laughing too much, then you do not have time to drink... Sausages and potatoes are high-calorie by design. It helps consume all your calories with as little chewing as possible.

I wonder if anybody else has any insights on the best team to party with...
Old 01-21-2016, 07:54 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm, I wonder if NASCAR will adopt this.

Quick Reply: 2016 F1 Tire rules