Sponsored by:

PDK oil change for DE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 07:20 PM
gregbj8
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PDK oil change for DE?

I have a 2015 Cayman S that is a weekend driver and a DE car. I have 7500 miles and coming up on eight DE days. The race prep shop that did some DE prep for me suggested that I change the PDK oil every eight DE days. Is that sound advice? Should the PDK filters be changed as well? Should I use the OEM PDK oil?
I would rather be safe than sorry but I don't want to overkill it with a $500 - 1000 service.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:32 PM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

I would say yes, follow their recommendation including the filters. Track miles are much much harder on components then street miles. If you're tracking your car, just think of it in terms of an accelerated maintenance schedule. Not sure about the recommended PDK oil.....someone here will know.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:05 PM
XPC5
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There are 2 fluids in the PDK - clutch fluid, and regular gear oil in the differential/gear section. The gear section oil changes easily, the clutch circuit requires the dealer service tool to set in correct mode to check levels (while running!) after changing. Gear oil changes are a good idea, the trans does run hot. The clutch side is supposed to be a lifetime fluid, but I'd suggest annually for that. It costs 400 or so to change at the dealer.

Quick Reply: PDK oil change for DE?