AiM LearnFast Weekend at VIR, 2/27-28/2016

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 04:25 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts
Default AiM LearnFast Weekend at VIR, 2/27-28/2016

Not likely to be as warm as Jerry's event earlier in the month, but Roger and I have had a great time hosting these events the last few years. It's a beautiful place to be, any time of the year!

This seminar will be held at my driver training facility on the campus of VIR in Southside Virginia, an hour from Raleigh-Durham or Greensboro airports. You can rent a room on site in the Lodge. Call the track directly, please.

Please sign up on MotorsportsReg here: msreg.com/LearnFastVIR

It's quite likely that I will add a special seminar for shops, instructors and coaches the afternoon before to familiarize these folks with the nuts and bolts operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of AiM and other equipment. If you are a shop principal, a person in a shop or a team responsible for installation, repair and maintenance or an instructor/coach interfacing with a variety of different units in client and student cars, let me know and we'll plan accordingly.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Last edited by ProCoach; 12-04-2015 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Added nuts and bolts training announcement, Lodge reservation advice
Old 12-04-2015, 09:06 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Well, THAT'S pretty cool. Three days and more than a third full! And less than three months to go!

Looking forward to seeing folks there, if not at Sebring a few weeks before.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Peter,
I'm not sure I can commit this early due to a potential conflict that weekend.
Would it be possible to get a rain check on registration if that date doesn't work? Are they any others on the books for spring 2016?
Thx,
A
Old 12-04-2015, 02:30 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dr911
Peter,
I'm not sure I can commit this early due to a potential conflict that weekend.
Would it be possible to get a rain check on registration if that date doesn't work? Are they any others on the books for spring 2016?
Thx,
A
Yes, I can help with that. And yes, there will be more late spring and early summer of 2016.

Someone in Track Monkeys asked if I could do something local in the Triangle for local folks. Now is a good time to do that and we could be much more flexible with that because I would do it.

If you and other TMer's want to set it up, I'm in. Let me know.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:13 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

First day 1/2 sold in two weeks. Second day 2/3 sold in two weeks.

Some have tried to sign up and had MSR offer no spaces. Will fix that today.

I'm doing a three-hour equipment, software configuration and maintenance class for loggers and cameras in Raleigh-Durham area Saturday afternoon January 16th as a prep for some who are going to Rogers seminar in late February. Contact me offline if interested.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:39 PM
toddlamb
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Should be a great event!
Driver Coaching / Trackside Support / Race Prep / Car Builds

SPB/SPC/GTB1 donors ready to go for your next build. We do cages in house as well.

PDK repair experts
https://youtu.be/m54P_zisEcI

Old 01-07-2016, 01:29 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

So many of the questions people have, and some of the major reasons why prospective purchasers and current users DO NOT progress to the point where they can take full advantage of Roger Caddell's excellent Practical and Advanced seminars, are because the the paucity of written (and taught) information on the "nuts and bolts" of how these systems work, their setup and configuration and simple navigation of the hardware and software. While AiM is committed with the addition of Laura Incantalupo to improving their documentation, people here need help NOW.

What began as a gathering for some local users in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area has become a more formal offering on some of this practical application and use training of the hardware and the software. The first is in about ten days in Durham. We have nine people signed up (maximum of twelve) and I'll do more throughout the year.

I aslo have Roger coming to my Driver Development Center at VIR February 27th and 28th. The Practical seminar is half full and the Advanced three-quarters full. See the landing page link for more info.

Again, Roger, Matt, Jerry, Joe and others do a fine job of supercharging existing (and the more geeky) users of this stuff, but I want to share information that has helped me configure, use and maintain this equipment to get "how to go faster, NOW" with others in an informal, personal setting. Basically, "AiM for Dummies"

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...1#.Vo6CnoTndAY

If you want to be informed of upcoming offerings, please bookmark this page: http://driverdevelopment.motorsportreg.com/

Quick Reply: AiM LearnFast Weekend at VIR, 2/27-28/2016