Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HAAS F1 - Who will drive for them in 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015 | 12:49 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Default HAAS F1 - Who will drive for them in 2016?

HAAS F1 is scheduled to announce their driver line-up for 2016 tomorrow. There are too many choices so a poll is not really doable.

One name that has come up a lot is Romain Grosean. I think he has been a consistent points scorer and has become a much more mature driver in the last couple of years. Clearly not the "first lap nutcase" he was branded as a few years ago. I think he is going to be one of the two. With Lotus in deep financial trouble I think he is right to jump ship.

Hard to tell is Alexander Rossi is tied to Marussia or if that is just a deal for this year. I have a feeling that HAAS/Ferrari gave Marussia a nudge to take him for this year to season him a little for next year.

My picks:

Grosjean and Rossi
Old 09-28-2015 | 12:52 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Grojean has allegedly already signed a deal.
Old 09-28-2015 | 12:57 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I could be wrong but I don't see Rossi as the 2nd driver. He's at Marussia because he "bought" 5 of the 7 remaining races when he came onboard. Haas said that they don't need any pay drivers and they're going to pick the best driver possible and that may not be an American.

My guess is that it'll be a Ferrari test driver to pair with Grojean. Estiben (Sp?) Gutterez perhaps.
Old 09-28-2015 | 05:33 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CFGT3
My guess is that it'll be a Ferrari test driver to pair with Grojean. Estiben (Sp?) Gutterez perhaps.
I've seen his and J-E Vergne's names mentioned in many instances.

Quick Reply: HAAS F1 - Who will drive for them in 2016?