Sponsored by:

997 Safety Questions for DE Events

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 04:29 PM
tlisotta
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
For PCA Driver Education, the driver and instructor have to have the same kind of safety equipment - that's a requirement so you need two seats and restraint systems that are pretty much the same. I am not sure what other clubs require.

With the GT3 seats, you only give up the seat airbags (if you have them) which can be deactivated. All the others stay in place.

The roll bar is behind your seat (look at the pictures of the link I posted). It should enhance rollover protection while driving on the seat. The only downside is that the rollbar (with integrated harness bar to mount your 6 point belts to) in combination with the rigid back GT3 seats render the rear seats on your car useless. It also becomes harder to clean your rear window .

BTW - I think most of us started track driving the same way, i.e. drive your track car to/from the track. But as Yonks points out, it's a really slippery slope. If you keep hanging out in this forum, you'll be in a dedicated track vehicle with enclosed trailer and diesel dually in no time. BTW - back to you original question, GT3s are probably the worst cars to learn in.
Thanks! Lol - as I can see this is leading in that direction. I agree about the GT3. My thought is to stay with a base Carrera to continue to progress.

Quick Reply: 997 Safety Questions for DE Events