Takuma "Bring it" Sato
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

2015 Singapore Grand Prix

Old 09-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 200 Posts

The fan walking on the track causing a safety car was the highlight of the race.
Was that guy sh*tfaced?
Old 09-20-2015, 08:42 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 912 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
The fan walking on the track causing a safety car was the highlight of the race.
Was that guy sh*tfaced?
Would've been more interesting if he were streaking or something rather than walking like an idiot zombie.

Vettel thanking his team in Italian over the radio and Verstappen yelling no when asked to yield his spot ranked a bit higher for me. Nice effort by Ricciardo. Raikkonen must be feeling a bit like the new Massa.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:22 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

didnt vote as the poll was late.

Watched the race live and while it was enjoyable to see Seb win followed by DR and Kimi it was quite boring to sit through. Gotta wonder why the Hulk didnt go a little wider around Massa.

The track invader at Silverstone at least dressed up for the part............todays moron was just wasted but still managed to get onto the track.

I did laugh when Max said NO to the order to move over
Old 09-20-2015, 10:48 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Didn't catch the race but did record it so I can watch it later. I do find it interesting that what is now defined as an "interesting" F1 race by a decent number of people is simply a change of scenery up front even if the race itself isn't particularly interesting (just going off some of the comments in here and other sites bc like said didn't see it). Brings me back to previous years where a team would have the right car that weekend but from weekend to weekend that team would change (2010, 2012). To me, that is acceptable as far as how interesting we need the sport to be. What is not acceptable to me is if, after a major rule change, a team gets the design right during the first year and they're set to dominate the majority of the following seasons where those rules apply. Just my $.02.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:42 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Grojean goes to Haas and Maldanaldo resigns with Lotus...........death nail for the team me thinks
Old 09-21-2015, 10:03 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default 2015 Singapore Grand Prix

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
Grojean goes to Haas and Maldanaldo resigns with Lotus...........death nail for the team me thinks
Is the former confirmed?
T
Old 09-21-2015, 11:58 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,218 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Is the former confirmed?
T
Looks like it is not a done deal yet - just mostly done.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gr...-confirmation/

Maldanado supposedly hanging around for Lotus in 2016 if they are still around. Wonder if Renault wants him.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ma...seat-for-2016/
Old 09-21-2015, 12:31 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default 2015 Singapore Grand Prix

Thanks, LV. That was my understanding as well.

Doesn't Crashtor come with a big wad of cash from Venezuelan oil company? Seems that would be hard to turn down for all export the most well heeled teams.

So, how do folks rate the American's performance? He blew the second restart as I understand, but his radio wad out?

T
Old 09-21-2015, 12:43 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
But WTF about Toro Roso? As pointed out by Hobbo, what 17 year old does what they are asked?? If Sainez couldn't get around Verstaapan then tough Siht. It is racing not a youth soccer game.
The issue is that Sainz has moved over 4 times for Verstappen in previous races, to let the faster car have a chance at catching and passing the car ahead. It was clear that Verstappen couldn't catch and pass Perez. It would be cool if Verstappen return the favour previously bestowed upon him. It may be racing, but in my world I call this being a *****!

If Sainz pushes to pass Verstappen, he will use up his car, and possibly negate the chances of catching and passing Perez. It also puts both cars at risk.

To me, it proves Verstappen is still learning...
Old 09-21-2015, 01:38 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,218 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
The issue is that Sainz has moved over 4 times for Verstappen in previous races, to let the faster car have a chance at catching and passing the car ahead. It was clear that Verstappen couldn't catch and pass Perez. It would be cool if Verstappen return the favour previously bestowed upon him. It may be racing, but in my world I call this being a *****!

If Sainz pushes to pass Verstappen, he will use up his car, and possibly negate the chances of catching and passing Perez. It also puts both cars at risk.

To me, it proves Verstappen is still immature.

If someone works for me, and I tell them to do something, they better well damn do what I say. I sign the checks.

It is also really poor sportsmanship not to return a favor that has been given to you. I've seen this play out before - they let the teammate go by to have a crack at another car, and if they can't do it, they give the position back before the race is over.

Verstappen may have the speed but he clearly doesn't have the maturity.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Jimbo951
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The announcers acted like helping Sainz would improve his standing and he's the #1 driver.

Actual results were Max got 4 pts, Sainz got 2.

Currently Max is tied for 11th w/ Hulkenberg. Sainz is tied for 15th with Alonso.

If they swap, the Max is 2 pts behind Hulkenberg in 12th, and Sainz moves up to 14 passing over Alonso and Pastor (currently 14th).

Most importantly, Max should be the #1 driver. Going into the Singapore, Max had 26 points, Sainz had 9. Since when does the lead driver, who's in front during a race, move over for his teammate, especially on the last lap?
Old 09-21-2015, 10:22 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,797 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
To me, it proves Verstappen is still immature.

If someone works for me, and I tell them to do something, they better well damn do what I say. I sign the checks.

It is also really poor sportsmanship not to return a favor that has been given to you. I've seen this play out before - they let the teammate go by to have a crack at another car, and if they can't do it, they give the position back before the race is over.

Verstappen may have the speed but he clearly doesn't have the maturity.
Yep.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 09-21-2015, 11:42 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,865 Likes on 1,706 Posts

It's one thing when you're a 4 time WDC and don't let Webber pass when ordered to do so, quite another when you're a 17 year old rookie on the junior team. I'm sure Max will be a fantastic F1 driver as he gets older, but he hasn't built up enough equity to go against the pitwall instructions.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:02 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

are we having a Japanese poll and just continue this one?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Singapore Grand Prix