Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you think the recent DE videos are bad, then watch this:

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 08:01 PM
AutobahnMac911
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Does anyone know the specifics of the Challenge series fee structure for drivers?

I had heard you pay $1M, Ferrari provides the car and crew at each track, but do they cover replacement parts, mechanical failures, tires, livery, etc. or is everything a la carte? Not that it matters as those are small potatoes considering, just curious of the average annual spend to participate.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:21 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexandrius
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.
+1
Old 09-03-2015, 12:29 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,477 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by Horus2000
Glad to hear that. I had DVR'd the race as I thought that I would look in Trans Am as a next step from club racing (and prior to World Challenge, Conti, etc.). That behavior (and the lack of a black flag for the driver) made it easy to completely eliminate TA as an option - all in about 20 minutes.
I thought they said Drissi did get the black flag but ignored it and did his mayhem on the track. Not much you can do if a guy ignores a black flag while on track.... although if the race was run in Texas they might have tried to shoot out his tires when he went by the pit wall...
Old 09-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Some stupendous ***-hattery out there.

If Drissi's goal was to promote the movie and get max airtime and coverage out of it- mission accomplished.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:15 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,477 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritter v4.0
Some stupendous ***-hattery out there.

If Drissi's goal was to promote the movie and get max airtime and coverage out of it- mission accomplished.
agreed. It's nice that no one has brought up the fact that Maldonado and Sato are no where in any of these video clips....
Old 09-03-2015, 04:19 PM
996TWINS
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe they should use this for some coaching instead of another car:
Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2015, 05:12 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by CFGT3
I thought they said Drissi did get the black flag but ignored it and did his mayhem on the track. Not much you can do if a guy ignores a black flag while on track.... although if the race was run in Texas they might have tried to shoot out his tires when he went by the pit wall...
Not try, would have
Old 09-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, we should just rename this the douchbag driver thread.

Just looked it up, Drissi got the max penalty allowed, 1 year.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:46 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Ferrari Challenge is the worst race series I've ever seen in terms of driver talent and at the same time it is one of the most entertaining. I watch these guys "duke it out" every year in Montreal while supporting the F1 race there. This year out of the 20 cars that started the Saturday race, 7 retired due to incompetence, crashing their cars. Ridiculous!

That being said there are generally 3-5 guys in the field of 20 who seem to know what they're doing and a couple of them are pretty quick. But I would not want to be in this type of series endangering my life with a bunch of egotistical maniacs. It seems that the only qualification you need to enter is a possession of a sizable bank account. Preferably filled with money you were gifted. Because that is the type of cash that burns the fastest.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:25 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,394 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko

That being said there are generally 3-5 guys in the field of 20 who seem to know what they're doing and a couple of them are pretty quick. But I would not want to be in this type of series endangering my life with a bunch of egotistical maniacs. It seems that the only qualification you need to enter is a possession of a sizable bank account. Preferably filled with money you were gifted. Because that is the type of cash that burns the fastest.
For most people, unless you earn the money, it doesn't have as much value.

At my last race I was sitting in a motor home, eating breakfast, watching the F1 race on TV, and waiting to go drive my race car on track. I thought to myself "it doesn't get much better than this."

All it cost me was 8 years of my life going to school at night and working full time during the day. Accordingly, I am pretty sure I appreciate it.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:38 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

The very first Ferrari Challenge race I ever watched was at Indy as a support race for F1 in 2001. We were watching from the infield, just at the second half of the esses that led onto the Hulman straight. I kid you not, the same driver, in the exact same spot, all on this own, spun the car not once, not twice, but three times in that race! I remember turning to my friend and saying "I could very easily have won this race" without a hint of sarcasm.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:39 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 251 Posts
Default If you think the recent DE videos are bad, then watch this:

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
For most people, unless you earn the money, it doesn't have as much value.

At my last race I was sitting in a motor home, eating breakfast, watching the F1 race on TV, and waiting to go drive my race car on track. I thought to myself "it doesn't get much better than this."

All it cost me was 8 years of my life going to school at night and working full time during the day. Accordingly, I am pretty sure I appreciate it.
Glad you said this... It's been on my mind lately... Just how lucky we all are... Who in their right mind would ever think they would actually have the ability to race a car.

We are all truly "living the dream"
Old 09-03-2015, 11:53 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

“Mr. Drissi requested an appeal of the ruling by SCCA Pro, the Trans Am Series’ sanctioning body. After reviewing the evidence, SCCA Pro ruled the appeal to not be well founded".

"Not well founded” I love it…masters of understatement....
Old 09-03-2015, 11:55 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 177 Posts
Default If you think the recent DE videos are bad, then watch this:

I love the announcer reaction to his interview where he basically said he wrecked her on purpose.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:22 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
“Mr. Drissi requested an appeal of the ruling by SCCA Pro, the Trans Am Series’ sanctioning body. After reviewing the evidence, SCCA Pro ruled the appeal to not be well founded".

"Not well founded” I love it…masters of understatement....
I tend to agree with Drissi. Upon further review he should have received a 13/13- for the first offense. Then 13 mos for each subsequent incident- I make that 52 mos including 13 for the "who me?" remarks after being forced to retire.

Quick Reply: If you think the recent DE videos are bad, then watch this: