Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPDE Cheap Helmet on Closeout (HJC CL-17)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 07:34 PM
Verboden
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default HPDE Cheap Helmet on Closeout (HJC CL-17)

Just heads up that the Victory model of HJC CL-17 helmet is on closeout from motorcyclegear.com

This is a motorcycle helmet, but one of the few that carry a snell rating (M2010).

For the HPDE events in my area, this snell rating meets requirements, it will likely not meet requirements for racing and you should research specific groups you plan to run with.

Currently $84 plus shipping, but they have a store on eBay so sometimes less there.

I am not affiliated with either HJC or motorcyclegear. The helmet is well reviewed as a motorcycle helmet, from my perspective in a car the back of the helmet has a vent that might press into the seat but haven't tested enough yet.

If you look at pictures they show a scuffed look to the paint. This is the style, probably why its on closeout.

Last season I used the CL-16 model without issues.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:38 PM
944hal
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some DE venues will not allow a M rated helmet, PCA in my area for example. Mostly because of fire protection. However, a lot of venues do. Just know what your local group requires.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:45 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

A helmet purchase is not where you want to go cheap. Buy a high quality helmet designed for auto racing where all components are of the highest quality.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:49 AM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Default HPDE Cheap Helmet on Closeout (HJC CL-17)

Should not be using a motorcycle helmet for DE. Auto helmets rated and certified to withstand multiple impacts. Bike helmets are not

Quick Reply: HPDE Cheap Helmet on Closeout (HJC CL-17)